by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Power Bars Update – Full Recall

Hello there @sean0014

Thanks very much for coming here for help.

Did the store advise you of the unique ID?

You will need this along with your mobile number to get your £20.00 voucher.

This will be given in store.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

This is what the stores should be giving people who return the power bar, on there is the code.  

image.jpeg

by

Thanks @Chris_B

That is very helpful thanks for sharing this.

by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, Thank you @Chris_B, but I see that your token has to be used by 28th February 2016 (more than 60 days from today, 19th Dec 2015),  but @leanne_T is quoting 30 days in post 15. Can either of you resolve this inconsistency?

Established Contributor

I wrote:

Thank you for taking all the necessary care. I have supplementary questions that you may want to add the the FAQ

• I have more than one power bar, will I get a voucher for each?
  • The voucher for the first recall consisted of the mobile number of the mobile phone we use, will this be true again?
  • If the voucher number is the mobile phone number, and I have a power bar for a phone or sim card that I no longer have, does this mean that I can't get a voucher for it?
  • If the voucher number is the mobile phone number, and I have two power bars but only one phone, can I have two vouchers with the same phone number
  • If I have two vouchers worth £20, can I combine them to buy a replacement power bar that costs £40 (well, actually £39.99)?

Thanks

and @leanne_T replied:

Some great questions there.

• First the power bar voucher is the mobile number you used to text for the power bar.
  • This is used along with a unique ID given in store to you.
  • The store you go to will check the mobile number you give to see if the power bar was registered to that number.
  • You can only use one voucher per transaction.

Hope I answered everything for you. If not you know where I am.

Leanne, I've just realised that you didn't explicitly answer the question I have just highlighted above. If I understand correctly from what you wrote though, I can go to the store, quote a mobile number that was used to get a Power Bar, and the store will give me a paper token with an associated serial number. I then use the combination to make my purchase. I don't need to have the sim card because I don't need to be texted on the mobile-phone number. Is this correct?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When I went to the store I was asked to show them the text message that I received from EE asking me to return the power.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can only have one Power bar registered to your phone number, EE only gave one Power bar per phone number if you have acquired a Power bar by some other means you will not get a voucher for that because it is not registered against your phone number.

I dont know what would happen if you no longer use a phone number and too a power bar back
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's also one voucher per transaction so you cannot combine vouchers to double them up.
by

Hello there @Haydon-Berrow.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

I have checked and this recall we have extended the voucher until the end of February.

I do apologise that was my error as the 06 batch was 30 days.

Hope this helps.

by sean0014
Explorer

I was not given any unique ID... This was the Tottenham Court Road store in London, the advisor took the charger off me and then wrote down my number on a piece of paper, saying he'd enter it in to the system later and I'd receive a text message once it was done. This has clearly not happened... so how can I get my voucher?

Established Contributor

Thanks @leanne_T but no need to apologise. You said 30 days for the previous recall and I don't think you have said anywhere that it was 30 days for this one.

and thanks again to @Chris_B for the information. When the power-bar offer started I looked around for any old active sim-cards* and sent the text requesting a powerbar off from each. I then gathered the code from each request together and took them en masse to the store. I have several powerbars. It's quite possible that some of the sim-cards have now expired from misuse.

It's still possible that I will get a voucher for each because I can quote the mobile-numbers I used and show the text I received on my active sim.

To be honest, I'm still considering taking the risk and hanging on to the 2600mah powerbars that are being recalled but I may exchange each for a voucher and us it to buy a 2000mah powerbar from the store, although I'd prefer to combine two vouchers to buy a 4000mah powerbar if that were possible, but it isn't. The fact that they are five times as dear in the EE store than they are on eBay is immaterial.

*it doesn't seem to be widely written that this offer was good for Orange and T-Mobile, as well as EE.

by

Thanks for coming back to me @sean0014.

I can opt you out of the power bar service to get the text but you do need the ID from the store.

If you send me a private message on here with your mobile number I will opt you out.

For the ID you would need to call the store or pop in if possible.

Speak to you very soon.

by sonicboom Investigator
Investigator

I returned my power bar to your Crouch End store on Friday 18-Dec (after a 15 minute wait). 

The assistant took the power bar and when I asked for the voucher was told that all I needed to do was type my mobile number in at the 'Got a Voucher' section of the EE accessory website.

48 hours later and the website will not accept my mobile number.

Really poor - I've made the effort to return the battery and been provided with duff information.  Have EE provided their staff with sufficient information?

Please advise.

by

Thanks for coming to the community @sonicboom.

I will certainly look into this for you.

Can you send me a private message on here.

Please include your full name and mobile number the power bar is requested for.

Also did the store provide you with an ID code at all?

Speak to you very soon.

by smilercol
Explorer

I returned a power bar to the ee store darlington on 21st dec and was handed a voucher the assistant wanted to see if I had a text which I showed him he handed me a voucher giving no instructions or asking for my number there was a pile of power bars by his side so I presumed he knew what he was doing?

What is the process for registering the voucher?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Read what's on the voucher. It will tell you the website to go to. At the site you enter the voucher code and you will be asked to enter your number.
by smilercol
Explorer

Re: Power Bars Update ? Full Recall

I have done as it says on the voucher but when I try to add the code I get

"Sorry your code can not be found, please check your code and try again.

However if this is an EE Power Bar voucher then please ensure you have
waited 24 hours for your voucher to be activated."

As I have said I received the voucher from the store on the 21st he did not
ask me for my number so unless he has to verify the actual voucher number as
active I can't see how this works

Cheers

Colin

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Established Contributor

Re: Power Bars Update ? Full Recall

I'm a happy Bunny.

I took two power bars into the EE shop in Sheffield and they asked to see the text that I had received and then gave me two vouchers.

I went to the on-line shop and selected an item and there was an entry 'Add Voucher'. I typed in the voucher number and it asked for my mobile number. When I supplied this it accepted the voucher and I was able to purchase the item.

I repeated the process for my second voucher and tried to use the same mobile-number but it wasn't having it but then it accepted the number of another mobile phone (which had also been used to get a powerbar).

Everything hunkey-dorey and very generous of EE, thank you.

by wolverine85 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Considering the accessories site contains nothing I want or mostly over priced items I'd rather keep my power bar, if I can get money of another contract I'd return the bar but mines not given me any issues.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's the point you don't know if it will develop fault, that's why they are recalling them.

They said the titanic wouldn't sink.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions