Highlighted
by
Former EE Community Manager

Power Bars - Recall of Batch E1-06

EE Help

UPDATE (16/12/2015): Please read our announcement about an important EE Power Bar safety issue

Hi everyone,

EE has identified a very small number of incidents where Power Bars have overheated; all of which relate to batch E1-06 (written as Model:E1-06 on side), and could pose a fire safety risk.

We are therefore recalling batch E1-06 and request customers stop using them and return their device to a local store at their earliest convenience. 

No other Power Bars from any other batch are affected by this recall.

It is our intention to replace these chargers once we have completed our investigations; we will be in touch once these have been concluded. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

What is the issue with batch E1-06, and how do I identify?

We have identified a very small number of incidents where Power Bars have overheated, all of which relate to batch number E1-06, and could pose a fire safety risk. EE Power Bars can be identified by a code found on the side of the device. For the recalled models this code will read 'E1-06' (see image below).

POWER_BAR_RECALL_FB_POST_MOCKUP.JPG

What should I do?

We are requesting that customers stop using Power Bars from batch E1-06, and unplug them from handsets and the mains. They should return the Power Bar to a local store at their earliest convenience.

How do I get a replacement?

Customers returning batch E1-06 will be issued with a replacement once our investigations are concluded. The swap program has been temporarily suspended while we complete this recall process and restock.

How do I know the other batches are safe?

We've not seen any issues of overheating with other batches and they meet all safety standards. Here is some general advice on use of portable chargers (PDF 183KB).

Where is my nearest store?

Look online for our nearest store: https://storefinder.ee.co.uk/ee/stores.html

Please leave your questions and concerns below!

Thank you,

Elena

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Former EE Community Manager
Solution

Re: Power Bars - Recall of Batch E1-06

458 REPLIES
by ClareMills
Visitor

Hi, I went to the EE branch in Islington today to hand my Power Bar in and they knew nothing about this, told me that I would need to contact someone via the website (but gave me no details) and then it would be collected from me at my address?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ClareMills,

Thanks for joining the Community.

I'm sorry you were unable to return your Power Bar when you visited our store. I have had confirmation that all stores are now ready to accept returns.

Thanks for your feedback.

James

by grabaskey Investigator
Investigator

Since i have been using my power bar with this code i have started to have issues with the life off my battery. Both power bar and phone have got very warm while using, I didnt think much of this at the time. I havent used the power bar for over 2 weeks now and my phone battery life is terrible. I cannot take it off charge and try to use the phone for anymore than 5 minutes without it shutting down on me. I have had the phone for just under a year now and until using this power bar had no issues with the battery. Is there anything I can do about this as it is still under the 12 month manafactures warranty?

Kind regards

Dave Grabaskey

by

Hi @grabaskey,

Thanks for coming to the community.

What model phone are you using?

Are you using the E1-06 code power bar?

If so please follow the advise and take this into a retail store.

Thank you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Send it off for repair?

What phone is it? If Android have you recently updated the firmware to lollipop?
Brendon

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
0800 956 6000 (Option 5) from any other phone
0800 079 8586 Home Broadband & EE TV

by kmb123

I've just had a look at my power bar and have discovered that this is the model I have. However I also have another issue in that I haven't used it for four days but it will not stop flashing. Help?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just take it back to a store if it's a recall one. I wouldn't worry about the flashing light that the least of your issues. 

by Tweety01
Visitor

Hiya am currently away and will be back in 3 weeks time and I have the power bar with E1-06 so could I return it when am back
by

Hi @Tweety01,

Welcome to the community.

Yes you can return this when you are home, if you have the power bar with you please stop all use until you can return the power bar.

Thank you.

by Jackdaly25
Visitor

I have an E1-06 and I read on another site I think it was bbc news that they are giving away free £20 gift vouchers I just want to know if this is true ??
by

Hi @Jackdaly25,

Welcome to the community.

As a gesture of goodwill for customers affected by the recall, when they return their Power Bar to store we will offer them a £20 voucher that can be spent on accessories at ee.co.uk.

Thank you.

by missihaha
Explorer

I have just returned a E1-06 power bar and i was advised about the £20 voucher but told I would need to apply for this online????

by

Hi @missihaha,

Thanks for letting us know.

The process is you will be given a voucher in store.

What store did you go to?

Also I am going to send you a private message on here for some information.

Thank you,

by missihaha
Explorer

Hi

i went to the Newton Abbot store.

Regards

Amanda

by

Thank you @missihaha,

I have forwarded all the information on for you.

Thank you very much.

by Tonianne8
Explorer

I have just returned my power bar to EE store and was told to go online to get a £20 voucher? Were is the link for this??
by

Hi @Tonianne8,

The process is to get the voucher from the store.

What store did you go to and drop the power bar off?

I am going to need some more information, you will get a private message from me on here.

Thanks for coming to the community with this.

by Tonianne8
Explorer

@leanneT
I took it in to the store in The Mall Blackburn a few hours ago and was told to go online to claim a £20 voucher. I even doubled checked before I left the store with her..
by Ashadw01
Explorer

I have just returned my bar to the ee store in burnley and was offered no such voucher, how come? 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions