by munro_jo Investigator
Investigator

wifi mini

I have the Samsung J 3 2016 and I have to reset it to get wifi mostly a common recurrence I'm using 4g mini wifi been to ee shop and it's working normally but when I put on my wifi it connects but when I try the Internet it comes up error connection can't connect to proxy server? Can anyone help resolve this please

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: wifi mini

Hi @munro_jo

Please do monitor it and let us know how you get on.

Have you tried backing up your J3 and restoring the device?

Many thanks,

Lee

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Have you entered the correct password? 

Is your wifi device connecting to 4G?

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by munro_jo Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for replying yes to both questions the ee assistant at the shop said it's most likely the contract phone and it shouldn't be connecting when it does to a proxy server .again??

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @munro_jo

Please may I know have you tried to reset the mobile router?

If you have not, please do proceed to do that and let me know.

Also, do try and alternative browser.

Many thanks,

Lee

by munro_jo Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee yes It seems to have resolved it again! as this has happened too often it seems to work for a while and then when I switch on my mini and connects to device again I can't get Internet I was told by ee tecs when I chatted with them to reset the mini which I did and try to connect to another device which I did and it worked so this seems to me that it's an intermittent  fault but is it the mini or my Samsung J 3? I'm using my wifi mini now but next time I switch on I bet it comes up the can't connect proxy server as I can't keep on resetting  my mobile and putting in the wifi code everytime this happens what can you or friends in the community suggest please ??

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @munro_jo

Please do monitor it and let us know how you get on.

Have you tried backing up your J3 and restoring the device?

Many thanks,

Lee

by munro_jo Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys thanks for all the help what I did was a full factory restore of my mobile and reset m wifi and i changed from chrome to firefox now works perfectly no connection probably so far cheers

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @munro_jo

Thanks for letting us know!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.