by wanstronian Investigator
Investigator

wifi calling doesn't work on pixel phone

So I have a new Pixel phone. I've switched Wifi calling on. I got the text message confirmation.

I'm connected to my home wifi network, which is working fine. WHen I try and make a call I get a little message, "Mobile network is not available. Connect to a wireless network to make a call."

Any ideas?

Also, why is it so hard to get hold of anybody from EE online? When did they go from having the best customer service to the worst? I missed it, whenever it was.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: wifi calling doesn't work on pixel phone

Hi everyone, I got it working!

I spoke to EE customer support L2, they were very helpful and patient while I went through a full factory reset. Then suggested a SIM swap, so I went to my local EE store.

My phone seemed to be working on their wifi, but it wasn't possible to test because the 4G signal was so strong the phone wouldn't default to wifi. They swapped the SIM anyway.

I stopped at a friend's house on the way home to test on his router and it worked. Which meant that either the SIM swap had fixed the problem, or there was something about my router which was causing the problem.

When I got home the problem persisted, but a search for my specific router (Billion BiPac 7800DXL) and "wifi calling" brought back a couple of threads in which a firmware update and disabling IPSec on the route fixed the problem. I didn't bother with the firmware upgrade, but disabled IPSec and now all is working.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Are you an EE pay monthly customer? 

Have you checked EE VOWIFI page here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you rebooted?

Try going into airplane mode and turning wifi on to check it.

Investigator

Hi, yes I'm pay monthly. I've looked at the 'help' page on EE's website and it should be working. I've tried rebooting, I've tried switching on aeroplane mode then enabling WiFi - I get a message saying, "switch off aeroplane mode or connect to a WiFi network" - I'm connected to my home WiFi and merrily using it to browse the internet and indeed, post this message!

Guess I'll call EE, although I can't see how they can help other than to tell me to do all the things I've already done!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @wanstronian

Thanks for coming here to community to see us 🙂

Have you spoken to some one in the technical support  team about this?

I can see @Northerner and @chistery have offered support on this to you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator
Solution

Hi everyone, I got it working!

I spoke to EE customer support L2, they were very helpful and patient while I went through a full factory reset. Then suggested a SIM swap, so I went to my local EE store.

My phone seemed to be working on their wifi, but it wasn't possible to test because the 4G signal was so strong the phone wouldn't default to wifi. They swapped the SIM anyway.

I stopped at a friend's house on the way home to test on his router and it worked. Which meant that either the SIM swap had fixed the problem, or there was something about my router which was causing the problem.

When I got home the problem persisted, but a search for my specific router (Billion BiPac 7800DXL) and "wifi calling" brought back a couple of threads in which a firmware update and disabling IPSec on the route fixed the problem. I didn't bother with the firmware upgrade, but disabled IPSec and now all is working.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

by
EE Community Support Team

pic spot prize.png

Hi @wanstronian

Thanks for taking the time to share helpful information with the community - it's great to have people sharing information that could help others, it's what the community is all about!

As a thank you from us, I’d love to treat you to dinner!

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.