by leeboy
Explorer

when are getting android O

so, android O is out there,ish,so when are we likely to be getting the great new O,oh wait a minute, I'm still waiting for my s7 edge to get old N,nougat,what a crap company ee is,I'm off as soon as I can,sorry ee,but you had a gigantic fail with this one.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: when are getting android O

@leeboy, EE will only release a new update when they are sure that it works with their phones and firmware and software they have on their phones, this is why updates are released later, thus making sure that people do not come here or ring them complaining that their is a problem.

Just because a developer has released it, does not mean EE have to allow the update until they are completely satisfied there are no hitches.

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Excuse me?

Android O hasn't even been announced yet for any device.

This won't be announced until Google I/O later in the year.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by leeboy
Explorer

you obviously do not understand sarcasm,actually a developer version has been released,and lists some of the new stuff,here is the link on CNET Mr expert.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/android-o-features-list-best/ Here are the 9 best features in Android O

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

@leeboy, EE will only release a new update when they are sure that it works with their phones and firmware and software they have on their phones, this is why updates are released later, thus making sure that people do not come here or ring them complaining that their is a problem.

Just because a developer has released it, does not mean EE have to allow the update until they are completely satisfied there are no hitches.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I believe your choice of device manufacturer should come from the quality of their product.  A carrier should have no influence on that.

If a manufacturer releases a flawed piece of software or faulty device (that might burst into flames) so be it. Us as consumers should be able to choose clearly. 

Fake Sky Sports news alert

"Tonights football match between Liverpool and Manchester united won't be shown as both teams have not been performing to a quality we expect. All future games will be delayed by this network until the quality of there play improves"

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bellyman you haven't been on here long enough.

EE gets the blame for everything.

I mean everything. 

People dropping their phone come on here moaning EE won't replace for free.

People who don't pay their bills come on here complaining EE has cut them off.

It is no different to updates. If they release a faulty one EE gets the blame regardless.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My whole issue is EE shouldn't get blamed for it if it is not their issue. 

Giving clear information to it's customers would help no end and be a massive improvement to the service.  Then the consumer can make a clear choice. 

For example the fastest network but updates will be longer due to XYZ

The device you have from EE has EE adjusted software which has features other providers can not supply and updates to that software come from EE and not the device manufacturer. 

I believe this should be clearly said at point of sale. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Like I said you haven't been on here long enough to know that EE gets blamed for everything. They will continue to get blamed regardless of they give you information or not.

They don't have to list this at the point of sale as updates are not part of your contract.

They are free and Samsung or EE or whatever network or manufacturer doesn't have to release any updates.

by bronxx Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah, you're right. They don't have to do anything...

... and we have a choice of different networks. It's not even about the delay anymore, but it's more about the attitude of EE's representatives. I won't say one bad word about the services I get from EE, I pay for it quite a lot, but the overall treatment of a customer is absolutely c...

This forum is a good example, but also quite a few times over the phone I had rather bad experience with reps patronising or acting plain rude.

I think that this company starts to forget, that it is providing services for paying customers, they do not do us a favour or give things free of charge.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.