by ctheodorou Investigator
Investigator

setting up oneplus 6t

Hi,

I have just received an upgrade, the oneplus 6t. When trying to set it up and transfer my data from my old phone, htc one m8, my htc does not find it. I have checked bluetooth on both devices and it is working. Can you help please?

8 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: setting up oneplus 6t

Hi @ctheodorou Welcome to the community. What data are you trying to transfer? Once you sign in with your Google account a lot of it is done for you nowadays.

Have you tried the OnePlus app, switch? It's available in the play store, here.

Let us know how you get on and if there's anything specific you can't transfer and we'll see if we can come up with a solution.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the OP6t. I've held off as I'm not too sure about the fingerprint sensor on the front.

Investigator

Hi,

The quick set up would not work when first taking the phone out of the box. My old phone could not find my new device.

I contacted OnePlus and they recommended the switch app.

I used this and it worked for my contacts, messages, apps, and some photos and videos - only those on Whatsapp.

Hiwever, none of my music or my photos and videos were transferred. These are on a memory card on my old phone. Should they transfer over using the switch app..? Or is there another way I can transfer all this? It is about 60gb of data...

Further, there does not appear to be a music app on my OnePlus, for my MP3 music. Any ideas?

With regard to the OnePlus 6t, I like the fingerprint scanner on the front, works well. I have set it along with the face-unlock feature. This is so fast that I don't need the fingerprint scanner. I have found though, that the face thing seems temperamental now that I have got home from work. Perhaps lower light, perhaps once my phone has been off for a while. Not worked it all out yet...

Overall I like the phone, just need to get all my files on it still to use it fully. A bit busy until Thursday. If I can't sort it then, I'll probably take it in to an ee store to see if they can help

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @ctheodorou.

Does the new phone have a memory card slot too?

Have you tried using the Google Photos App to save your photos and videos?

What did you use for music on your previous phone?

Jon

Investigator

Hi,

No, no memory card slot in the oneplus6t. It has 256gb internal storage.

My old phone is an HTC One m8, and all my photos and music are on the memory card. These do not transfer using the oneplus switch app. There is around 64gb of data on my memory card, that I want to transfer to my OnePlus.

Oneplus have now advised that I use the dr.fone app and connect both phones to my computer, to transfer the music and photos. Does anyone have any knowledge of this app?

My old HTC already had the standard HTC music app which I used for playing my music. Any recommendations for a good music app for my oneplus6t?

Thanks.

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ctheodorou,

I don't have any personal experience with the dr.fone app but hopefully another community member will.

Have you looked at using Google Play Music? You can upload your music collection to the cloud, allowing you to access it on all of your devices.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If the music files are just MP3s, connect your old phone to a PC and put the phone in USB file copy mode, and copy the files to the PC, and then connect your OP6T, in file transfer mode, copy them back to the new phone.

I use Google Play Music myself, but here's Android Authoritys 10 best music players, so one of these may work for you?

Investigator

Thank you. I'll try that

Investigator

setting up oneplus 6t

Thank you. I'll try that

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.