by deanldadesign
Explorer

samsung a5 2017 nougat update

Hi, I have a Samsung A5 2017 on a business contract. Can you tell me when the nougat update is due to appear as I have noticed O2 has now released it's update for UK phones and most other carriers have released other european countries such as Germany and France.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Employee

Re: samsung a5 2017 nougat update

Hi @deanldadesign and welcome to the community.

Soon as your handset is ready for an update you will be notified through the devices update section.

Many thanks,

Lee

by deanldadesign
Explorer

thanks I realise that is how it will appear on the phone, I was really asking if anyone knew when that might be given that other providers have realeased the update.

by Delwick
Visitor

Why can't they answer the question. When not how. Straight forward question, 2017 A5 came out after nougat, should have had it on release.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If EE were to give you a date and then it didn't come out on that date it would annoy people.

Regarding that it should have had it on release. This is what Samsung decided to do. Nothing to do with EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by TonyMUK
Explorer

It might not have anything to do with EE that Samsung decided to release phone without Nougat but it is definitely EE that are holding back the upgrade. The rest of the carriers have managed to update so why not EE.

by RICHYPOWELL007
Explorer

Its ridiculous the amount of time we are having to wait for this update, when is it coming ee?

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

This pops up from time to time and it's been pointed out that some carriers manage to effectively manage this. They do it by stating:

1 That they have made the decision to upgrade their branded handsets to Nougat (or security update etc)

2 Detailing the process.

4 Explaining where they currently are with the process. (eg. Going through internal testing, waiting on bug fix etc)

5 Estimated time frame (eg If no problems found then release in December)

This has major benefits for the service provider. It's shows they are active, are aware of the importance of updates and managing well. For those with technical knowledge then it provides re-assurance and for those without it informs them.

TL;DR publishing a roadmap makes managing subscriber expectation easier (cheaper).

by TonyMUK
Explorer

I got fed up of waiting and used the BTU update to get Nougat on my phone. I lost wifi calling at first but since another OTA update wifi calling is back.

by RICHYPOWELL007
Explorer

Snap i flashed mine to BTU using Odin, android 8 (Oreo) is out over the next couple of months so ee are way behind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.