by GordonWalker Contributor
Contributor

posting problem

HTML?

9 REPLIES 9
Contributor

Re: posting problem. actual query below but HTML message appears

I am having problems copying music to my phone using the smart suite on my Pixi LTE . If I put a pc compatible card into a card reader I can copy mp3s to it and put it in the phone I can play it but I cannot copy data into the phone directly as it says there's no free memory. The card works fine but when it's formatted in the phone for use as internal storage that's when the problem arises. It's an Integral 64Gb and shows up with the correct formatted capacity of 60Gb and 1 percent used.

by
EE Employee

Re: posting problem. actual query below but HTML message appears

Hi @GordonWalker and welcome to the Community.

It may be worth taking a look at the following Pixel guide.

My colleague @James_B has the device and may be able to assist when he is back in tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Re: Micro SD Card Problem

I'm trying to copy music to the SD card in the phone but it won't let me. I can copy music to the card in a reader when I use it as a pc formatted one but not if I format it in the phone. I can then play the music but the phone won't store other data on it.

by
EE Employee

Hi @GordonWalker

Please may I know if youhave backed up your device data and then perform a master reset to see if it is your handset that is to fault?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Thanks Lee,

I have done a hard reset and run Smart Suite on the pc and the phone.

I've tried to add music and I still get the same message again.

Here are some screen shots.

http://s980.photobucket.com/user/eoslensman/slideshow/Pixi%20Audio

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GordonWalker,

What is the model number of your Pixi?

I've had a look at the specs of the range and some models don't support the use of memory cards above 32GB.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Hi James,

It's a Pixi 4 (5) LTE (otherwise known as a 5045X and the phone recognises the full capacity of the card (formats to 60 GB) and the phone uses it for photo and video storage. In fact, I used the Smart Suite app to copy 40 large PNG files of maps which show up nicely in the gallery and and along with a couple of pictures and a short video the card shows using 523.95 MB of 59.1 GB. I don't think it's the card. I used a pc formatted card in the phone to which I'd copied some mp3 files and they played ok too.

by
EE Employee

Hi @GordonWalker

The reason you are getting an error is the screenshot shows phone memory is at 100% full.

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

I know that, but the SD card (which I've specified to be used for data storage) is at 1%. It's also specified as the default write disk in the phone.

I've copied quite a few large maps into the phone using Smart Suite with no problem at all and these went straight to the SD card. However, I've downloaded a free app for my pc and it transfers the music files to the SD card without error. In fact, it does a lot more than that. I'll be using that from now on, I guess it may be just a glitch in Smart Suite.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards,

Gordon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.