by danpeterson Investigator
Investigator

phone display issues

three days ago i placed my samsung galaxy j3 in my pocket and when i went to use it again it had a few coloured lines on the right side of the screen on the bottom so i turned off the phone and waited till i got home to resolve the issue however i forgot and the next day  i went to check the issue to look for online help but i noticed that from the left corner to the centre of the screen was completely black... i don't particulary want to replace the lcd as the make is verry expensive

7 REPLIES 7
Investigator

samsung galaxy j3 screen issues

three days ago i placed my samsung galaxy j3 in my pocket and when i went to use it again it had a few coloured lines on the right side of the screen on the bottom so i turned off the phone and waited till i got home to resolve the issue however i forgot and the next day  i went to check the issue to look for online help but i noticed that from the left corner to the centre of the screen was completely black... i don't particulary want to replace the lcd as the make is verry expensive

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: samsung galaxy j3 screen issues

@danpeterson Hi I would first try a factory reset if that doesn't work it should be under warranty

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: phone display issues

Hello @danpeterson can you remember if the phone was put under any strain or pressure when in your pocket? If there are lines across the screen and it is blobbing black or parts of it are failing then it is most likely permanently damaged and would need replacing. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @danpeterson

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I'm sorry to read about your phone, it's awful when a headache like this comes up.

Has the factory reset @Damienw1 suggested helped things?

If not, it may be worth popping into your local Samsung support center and they may be able to help you out.

Either way please let us know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

i left the phone for a day and now the blackness has consumed the whole screen i dont think the phone was put under stress but there  were green lines, will charging the phone reduce the blackness at all

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@danpeterson You can only try although I fear this is a faulty handset but if you didn't damage it it should be under warranty 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @danpeterson

Please see my reply to you also here and I hope you manage to sort everything out.

Let the community know if there is anything we can do further to support you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.