by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

over heating

My wife has a Samsung 7 Edge on EE, she is constantly getting a hot feeling phone and battery life deteriorates very quickly. She doesnt use lots of apps only "pinterest", the phone hasnt been dropped or had contact with water, has anyone come across this issue before ??

12 REPLIES 12
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: over heating

Hi @bouln01

Has the phone every turned itself off due to heat? 

I would go into settings then battery to see what is eating it.  Also in settings, see if you can disable pinterest from auto updating (if it is). 

Thanks, 

Martyn

by
EE Employee

Hi @bouln01 and welcome to the community.

Please follow the advice given by @martyn413 and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Martyn,

I will give this a go and post back

Nige

by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

Will do

Thanks Guys

by
EE Community Support Team

We look forward to your post @bouln01

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

Morning Guys,

"Has the phone every turned itself off due to heat? , I would go into settings then battery to see what is eating it.  Also in settings, see if you can disable pinterest from auto updating (if it is). "

In discussion with my wife the phone hasn't turned itself off due to heat, i have been into the settings, there are no apps big enough to use the battery to overload, PInterest is disabled from auto updating.

My wife says that she doesnt use the phone during the morning at work as they are not allowed, she uses it during her lunch break , over the passed week its happened 3 times during lunch, phone starts to feel really hot and battery drains, she said from 60% battery to 5 % during her 30 minute break. I have told her how to navigate to the battery area on the phone to look when it gets hot again, strange one this

Thanks for your suggestions to date

Nige

by

Good morning @bouln01

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

How long have you had the phone for?

On this occasion, I would recommend a chat with our technical team over the phone, or you can log into your My EE and have an online chat with a technical advisor.

Let us know what they say.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

The upgrade was made 20 Apr 2017

I will give EE technical services a call

Thanks

by

That is not long ago @bouln01

Yes please keep us in the loop after you have spoken with them.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bouln01   Are there any apps that ar allows to auto update/run in the background it could even be a few device settings.  

Unless you have a faulty battery there will be something on the device a settings of some sort that is using the power constantly and it’s depleting the power and making it warm which in turn depletes even quicker and makes it hotter and depletes quicker still.  

by bouln01 Investigator
Investigator

Guys,

Below is my conversation with EE Tech Services

Gareth:

Hi, welcome to EE, the UK's biggest and fastest network. I'm Gareth on EE Tech Chat in Tyneside. How may I help you today?

NIgel Bould: Hi Gareth, good morning, i have been on the EE community page about my wifes 7Edge, its overheating and losing battery life very quickly

NIgel Bould: This was my last post

NIgel Bould: In discussion with my wife the phone hasn't turned itself off due to heat, i have been into the settings, there are no apps big enough to use the battery to overload, PInterest is disabled from auto updating. My wife says that she doesnt use the phone during the morning at work as they are not allowed, she uses it during her lunch break , over the passed week its happened 3 times during lunch, phone starts to feel really hot and battery drains, she said from 60% battery to 5 % during her 30 minute break. I have told her how to navigate to the battery area on the phone to look when it gets hot again, strange one this
Gareth:

I am sorry to hear that Nigel, can I take the mobile number that is affected please?

NIgel Bould: yes its *****10

NIgel Bould: upgrade in apr this year

Gareth:

Wonderful thanks, have you tried anything on the handset ie soft reset or hard reset?

NIgel Bould: yes I have tried both originally, she cant use her phone during work hours, its only been noticed during her lunch break, where the phone got very warm and drained the battery from 60% down to 5% in a matter of 20 mins

Gareth:

Ok do you have insurance on the account Nigel?

NIgel Bould: Im not sure

NIgel Bould: however with it being a brand new phone and 5 months old i wouldnt expect this to happen

Gareth:

No problem lets check it out

Gareth:

Ok there is no insurance on the account so the other option is to send the handset off for repair through one of our stores and we will provide a loan phone to use while the handset is being repaired

NIgel Bould: Is there a cost with the repair

Gareth:

Oh no this is all done within the warranty that you have with the handset Nigel

NIgel Bould: ok thats fine, is it just a metter of dropping the mobile off to an EE store locally, would they then provide her with a phone of the same standard , and also would it be the same number as she has now. sorry one more thing, her mobile that needs repair there are photos , around 20 of grandkids , do they need backing up

Gareth:

Yes I would advise backing all data on the handset and then wiping it before giving it to the store for security and yes it would be the same number and you just needs to request a loan and repair but some store call it mend and lend but both the same process

NIgel Bould: ok thats great thanks for your help, just one more thing, do the EE shop need to be told about this process of exchange, like a reference number about our conversation or just deliver and collect

Gareth:

Just deliver and collect the ref for this conversation would just be the mobile number you provided as I have made full notes on the account Nigel

NIgel Bould: Thanks for your help Gareth thats great

Gareth:

You're very welcome

by

This sounds positive @bouln01 

I hope they can get to the bottom of this.

Keep us updated with your journey.

Best of luck

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.