by thulsadoom Investigator
Investigator

new number not working

hi

I wanted to change my number two days ago...went to the EE store and they did it for me...the new number still isn't working.

I am very upset about this.

I went back to the store yesterday they contacted the support team on the phone...they advised to change the sim card and they did...yet still the new number doesn't work.

I've now been told this issue has gone to level 2 support or whatever it's called and is being dealt with by EE's engineers. 

I'm very unhappy and upset. I don't have a number now...this could take a while. I am seriously considering cancelling my contract.

can anyone offer any advice please?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: new number not working

Hello @thulsadoom,

Welcome to the community,

Did the store check to see if the new number and sim card were working ok?

Do you have something like Skype or Viber with credit on one? You can ring customer service that way, as in the forums, we have no access to accounts, we can only advise and try and help.

Not sure why you are having problems and wondering whether it is something to do with your phone, as this can happen. Are you able to try the sim card in another phone, a neighbour's or friend's phone, depending what network they are on or whether they have an unlocked phone?

Unfortunately being the weekend and having changed your number, may not get sorted until everyone is back at work.

I take it you are a personal user and on a monthly contract? You could also try live chat if that is the case by going to the shop above here, or into your account, and if someone is available, you will see live chat come up.

@Karen_C, @Lee_H, @Leanne_T, not sure whether you are able to help, when you are around?

Investigator

hi

the guy on the phone told me it's a technical error. the number change just didn't change and there's error...he sed it's not my fault it's from there end. 

they did put the sim card on a different phone and it didn't work.

they told me this hardly ever happens...why did this happen to me? 

I am very upset. I have appointments next week and family members need to call me. I don't have a number. I'm paying 30 quid a month. I'm very dissapointed and I hate complaining.

I just don't know what to do. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@thulsadoom, I have no idea why this has happened, it does seem strange, but when EE get you up and running, ring Custmer Service and you should be able to get compensation for the time your phone was not working.

Do your family not have email to contact you? Do you not have something like Skype or Viber, which you can use?

Also, if family members have WhatsApp on their phones, you can keep in touch that way, the same with any messenger. You can still stay in contact with them with any of the above on Wifi.

Do you have a good neighbour with a phone, they can contact, who can then let them know how you are?

Investigator

hi...I'm using a temporary sim card now...power pack I think it's called.

if it doesn't get fixed by Tuesday Ill call them again...if nothing I guess I'll cancel my contract and go PAYG. I really don't know.

Investigator

the only problem is when I go to call them it doesn't recognise my so called "new number" so I have to put in my old number which causes further confusion.

by
EE Employee

Morning @thulsadoom

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Problems like this are very rare - it's in the right hands.

As it's a complex issue it can take a little time to be resolved.

You'll be compensated for any time you haven't been able to use your phone as soon as everything is back up and running.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.