by sharon1670 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

lg 5g no wifi setting

hi i have the LG G5 on a ee monthly contact also ee standard home broadband..we recently received a new router+with that i got the added 5g free data added 2my plan.since that day no matter what i try i cant connect 2 my wifi setting they r all greyed out my tablet has though.. ive heard its something 2do with the lg smart switch trying 2 be 2 damn smart..i want the choice out of the 2what i use,ivehad nothin but trouble with this phone. can u help any way please,thanks sharon

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Employee

Re: lg 5g no wifi setting

Good Morning @sharon1670

Welcome back! Smiley Happy

Have you tried forgetting the WiFi Networks?

There's a handy page on the LG Website with steps on how to do this.

Also have you tried rebooting your phone?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

hi thanks karen 4replyin i cant even switch on wifi it says no connection allowed+just switches back also they r greyed out so it's impossible 2even forget it,tried rebooting on normal mode+safe mode everything was fine b4 the new router thanks sharon

Valued Contributor

hi i ment 2 say also there is no bluetooth thats doing exactly the same thing tried searching on my other device 4it but nothing thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hi @sharon1670

No problem.

It sounds like it may be a phone fault rather than anything to do with the new router.

The next thing would be to do a back-up and factory reset.

For steps on how to do this check out the LG Help pages.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Valued Contributor

hi ive contacted lg+they have arranged a pick up+repair.. what a hassle this is the 2nd time. im payin a monthly bill 4a phone thats dodgy or in repairs 🤔anyway thank you 4ur quick response+ur help this morning. all the best sharon 🙂

by
EE Employee

No problem at all @sharon1670

Fingers crossed everything gets sorted for you.

Pop back and let us know how it goes.

Have a lovely day!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Go into settings - Smart switch/settings and then disable the profile which is causing you issues. You should then be able to set up your new wifi network.  

Thanks,  

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi Karen my phone was picked up by courier yesterday(tues) hopefully LG can fix it quickly this is the 2nd repair now.. anyway I received a letter from EE yesterday stating that I've a balance of a whopping £10 outstanding+pay immediately..I nearly choked I tried 2pay it Monday+the website kept refusing me..what a cheek I'm phoneless once again 4another 7to14days plus all the hassle it causes they should be compensating me don't u think as a loyal customer!! I will let u know what the problem was when I find out.. sorry for moaning+thanks again Sharon 

by
EE Employee

No problem @sgharon1670

I can totally understand your frustrations - I'd be lost without my phone, it's got my life on it!!

Definitely pop back and let me know.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Valued Contributor

hi karen just a quick message to say i've received my LG phone back,same handset+a repair note saying "faulty mainboard" i think i should give them a call because they said the same with the first repair+that was overheating+stuck on continuous reboot till it wouldn't switch on at all.. but hey at least now i do have wi-fi+bluetooth.. thanks sharon 🙂 

by
EE Employee

Hi @sharon1670 and welcome back.

Glad you have received your handset back.

The mainboard can develop various issues due the components that it controls, don't be alarmed that you have received the same fault code.

Glad you have your wifi and Bluetooth back.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

hi thanks lee for ur advice.. lets just hope nothing else goes wrong with it. i think i get 2-3months warranty from the last repair date,my upgrade isnt for another year yet.. i should of got insurance  really but at the end of the day i think i pay enough each month as it is.. real shame because i loved the design+the cam plus module,i wouldnt purchase another LG. thanks sharon 

by
EE Employee

Hi @sharon1670

Please do let us know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions