by kevdoh Investigator
Investigator

htc one m8 marshnallow ota update .

1. Hi there I've just this second registered to the forum as all the searches I've been doing forw weeksh haven'tg given me answers i keepg getting the notifications to update. I I'm on kit Kat4.4.4 but think the device should be on 6.0 if I'm right? Problem is when i get the notifications it saysx update to 5.0 to get new features ect and another notificationfor an application update for sense home  so can i not go straightf from kit Kat to marshmallow. I've held off kit Kat all this time as didn't like the review's .But would like marshmallow. Basically im asking do i have to go from4.4.4 to5.0 then wait for6.0 notification. I've looked around and it seems htc one m8 is now  running marshmallow and sense 7 😞 Any help would be greatly appreciated it's annoying that I'm still getting lollipop update notifications and i want the latest. Ps sorry for the long rant Smiley Indifferent
8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: htc one m8 marshnallow ota update .

Hi @kevdoh,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did you get your phone direct from EE?

Thanks

James

by kevdoh Investigator
Investigator

Hi James first of all sorry for the state of my spelling on my first post. Yeah James I'm actually due an upgrade (october 2016).but holding off just now. I've had this phone over 18 month's now. I really like it on kit Kat 4.4.4 as I've not had any problems .But I'm sick of constant notification asking to update to android 5.0 i just keep delaying but some apps soon  Will require a newer android version. Any help would be great James .Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Kind regards .

by kevdoh Investigator
Investigator

And yes i got the phone direct from ee from phone call to get an upgrade. .

Kind regards

by

Hi @kevdoh,

Yes, Marshmallow is available for the EE version. Smiley Happy

You may need to accept the Lollipop update first and then wait for a notification to upgrade to Marshmallow.

Thanks

James

by kevdoh Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your advice James .I'm going to do the update tomorrow and hopefully it will go fine. As I've not seen any complaints from htc one m8 user's, on here concerning the update. Usually that's when people post, not to tell others the update is good just post when thing's go wrong. I'l update this post ( good or bad 😛)When and if i do get the notification for marshmallow .

Kind regards. 

by

Morning @kevdoh.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please do let us know how you get on 🙂

by madonna168
Explorer

Hi, I'm on lollipop still, EE branded m8. No notification to update to Marshmallow. Says device up to date.Smiley Mad

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @madonna168

Have you tried to update via the HTC sync software instead of OTA?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.