Highlighted
by tabs4 Investigator
Investigator

galaxy tab s4 updates

Does anyone know when the Galaxy Tab S4 will get updated? Its on the June patch level and my work has disconnected me due to many security patches have come after that for Android. 

Is it EE holding up the update? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: galaxy tab s4 updates

@tabs4; once Samsung create the update that EE are happy with then EE will push it out. 

by tabs4 Investigator
Investigator

Hmm, what is the criteria for EEs happiness? These are expensive devices and data plans, a better level of service is expected. 

I would not recommend anyone buy from EE based on this experience... might as well buy directly from Samsung. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @tabs4

I would agree with @Chris_B but I would add that Samsung are really poor when it comes to updating its tablets, unlike their phone's. The Tab S4 I have is the same security date as you. Samsung have said their tablets will only be updated every quarter.

The Huawei Mediapad M5 10.8 I also have is the 1st August.

Tablets are always the last to be updated. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by tabs4 Investigator
Investigator

It is hard to find out the available updates for the tablet, but it seemed like Veri on in the US had a more recent update available for their Tab S4

I opened a support request with Samsung as well, let's see. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions