by linzema37 Investigator
Investigator

ee brightbox 1 working fine but phone saying theres no internet

had my internet installed yesterday and though xbox is slow on it i was expecting it to be. howrver my samsung s6 is another matter. my brightbox page says everthing is working perfectly an the lights are all green but on my phone when i click on the router name it says its connected but theres no internet. i was wondering if there was something wrong with my phone because it wont connect to the internet at work, but it seems to connect to other friends and family routers just fine. please help as i use the phone heavily. i have my xbox wired.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: ee brightbox 1 working fine but phone saying theres no internet

Does the S6 appear under Currently Connected Devices on the initial Status page afer you login to the router?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

yea it does. like i said everytging on the router appears to be working fine. ive tried forgetting the network n rejoining. it will work for a minute or two then this will pop up over the wifi icon: !

an when it is connected the speed i get for the device is very poor. 1mb download an 0.5mb upload or less. its constant throughout the flat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Investigator

it connects okay when not linked to wifi. mobile data is turned on

Investigator

well i cant find anything thats says wifi assist just the mobile data on off switch.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does the S6 connect OK to the Net over the ordinary mobile network?

Does the S6 have "Switch to mobile data" set to OFF in the WiFi Settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I wasn't asking about Mobile Data in general but "Switch to mobile data" under the WiFi Settings. It might be called "WiFi Assist". It's for auto switching to mobile data when the WiFi signal is lost.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, just as a test, turn the Mobile Data switch OFF whilst connected to WiFi. Does it still say there's no Net?

Investigator

i turned it off n the net works fine. speed test runs faster as well. i turned it back on just to see if it would hold an so far it is tho speed test is slower with it on. maybe i should have it off while at home if thats the case?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Looks like it. It must be auto switching to mobile data while on WiFi.

Explore the WiFi Settings of the S6 looking for something like I described, that switches to mobile data when the WiFi signal seems weak.

• On an S3 it's called "Auto Network Switch".
  • On an S8 it's called "Switch to mobile data".

Yours is in-between.

Investigator

thanks for the help will keep an eye on it an see how it responds. if it works when turned off while im at work then i know its that.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.