Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

eSIM for Google Pixel on EE

If you have a Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL on EE, you can use its built in eSIM, as well as a nano SIM card.

Can I use a SIM card and an eSIM at the same time?

Although you can have an active eSIM and a nano SIM card in your Pixel at the same time, only one can receive a signal at a time. You can switch between which SIM you would like to use in your phone's settings.

How do I transfer my existing number to my eSIM?

To move your number over to your built-in eSIM, you'll need an eSIM pack which includes the QR code you'll use to get set up.

You can order an eSIM pack via My EE, in any EE Store or by getting in touch with Customer Care.

Once you have your eSIM pack, connect your phone to WiFi and go to Settings > Mobile network > Operator and select Add operator. You'll then be prompted to scan the QR code which will automatically complete the setup for you.

EESIM1.PNG

EESIM2.PNG

EESIM3.PNG

eSIM3.PNG

Once it's finished setting up, you'll need to visit www.ee.co.uk/simswap to complete your number transfer. Don't forget to switch back to your physical SIM in your Operator settings so you can receive your security PIN via text. 

Can I get an additional line for my eSIM?

Yes, if you'd like another phone number and plan to use with your eSIM, please get in touch with Customer Care or visit your local EE Store.

If you have any other questions, please tap the reply button below and we'll do our best to help. You can also check out our article about how to use Dual SIM with an eSIM for Google Pixel.

11 REPLIES 11
by Irios86 Investigator
Investigator

Re: eSIM for Google Pixel on EE

Hi, thanks for the guide!

Received my QR code today and everything worked fine, except my number is showing up as all zeros.  Figured the QR code would've been generated with my number.  Will this update itself or should delete it and rescan?

Thanks!

Update: Don't delete your eSIM once added.  I didn't read the part of one-time use.  Think I may have to visit the store now, lol.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Irios86   Have you removed your original sim ? as that device can only use a sim or the esim. And have you restarted the device? 

by Irios86 Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B , I had removed the old SIM and restarted the phone multiple times.  It's a moot point now as I'm SIM-less.  Need to pop into a store in the morning to get a new SIM.  Hope I can get a new eSIM, but if I get a physical SIM I think I'll just stay on it.  In case something happens to my Pixel, I can just swap the SIM to my old phone.  

by

Good Morning @Irios86

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The EE Store will be able to provide you a replacement eSIM.

Please keep us updated with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

by Irios86 Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B , got a new eSIM this afternoon.  The new eSIM shows up as EE 2 and still all zeroes for the number.  I probably should've cleared the storage and cache for SIM Manager before loading the new eSIM so it doesn't show as EE 2.  Hopefully the number fixes itself.

Thanks

by

I would recommend allowing 24 hours, if this has still not fixed please come back to this thread @Irios86

Have a great afternoon, 

Katie 🙂

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Do you support DSDS?  If so your instructions will need updating as both SIMS now work simultaneously in the Pixel 3a.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9449293?hl=en&ref_topic=7084391

by duffman1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Can anyone answer the previous question about whether EE supports DSDS on the Pixel phones? The Pixel 3a/3a XL both support DSDS. Can anyone clarify whether the new Pixel 4/4 XL support DSDS and if so will EE support this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@duffman1   Yes the Pixel does have DSDS sim and EE will support it. It’ll probably be better supported as in both sims will work at the same time unlike the 3s as only one sim had support at any one time and that was down to google. 

by duffman1 Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B thats good info thank you. is there any official confirmation from EE that it will work because i'd have to return the phone if it didn't work

by

Hi @duffman1

I can confirm that EE will support DSDS on the Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 4 XL. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.