by Joshua111 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

coming to the end of February and still no nougat for s7 edge

we are coming to the end of February and still no sign of the nougat update for the s7 edge nougat has been out since middle of January for the s7 edge unbranded version its very disappointing that ee has not even mentioned anything about the release ive looked on here for nougat and other members get an answer "your handset will notify you" im currently on marshmallow and quite a few bugs in marshmallow

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: coming to the end of February and still no nougat for s7 edge

@Joshua111  That's the standard reply as EE do not give dates on when new OS updates are push out.    Sorry but there is no point in asking as you'll not get a date on when it's going to be made available and it's a simple case of waiting. 

125 REPLIES 125
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Joshua111  That's the standard reply as EE do not give dates on when new OS updates are push out.    Sorry but there is no point in asking as you'll not get a date on when it's going to be made available and it's a simple case of waiting. 

Established Contributor

sadly yeah but they are quick enough to put the bills up 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joshua111  The RPI rise is a year increase and it does say this within your contract,  there is nothing in your contract and your not paying for OS updates on your device.  

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE said last week they are only responsible for calls and texts and not the device or the software on it.  Even though they insist on changes made to it to work on their network they have no agreement with manufacturers and are unable to apply pressure to have updates released.

This i suspect is a lie.

They also stated non network affecting updates will get the same delays as each up date increases the version number.  So thanks to EEs "features no one else has" we don't get the security and OS updates EVERYONE else has.

Established Contributor

im sure ee have to feed the users security enhancments via OS they may not but ee ask for modifications to the OS so personally they are delaying the process?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joshua111  Or who ever is doing the work is not doing it quick enough or when they have done it its having a knock on effect on something else.  (maybe) 

Established Contributor

most definitely

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Exactly, This is a specific EE issue. No matter how much they lay blame elsewhere the delay is caused by EE.

They dress it up in many ways

"it because we're 3 carriers in 1 and have to have the manufacturers take this into account we have 3 sets of masts" - my answer i think if you tell them once they're remember.  This wouldn't cause a delay on every update.

"We have features no one else has like voice over wifi and LTE. So more changes need to be made" - My answer this was last updates issue when this technology was new. It was resolved the same fix would still work or the manufacturers again know the issue and would know how to make the changes.

"we're always last on update. But we're such a big customer of Apples we don't have any issues with them." - Apple wouldn't have you messing with their updates. and yes you are last, sort it out

"We're the carrier we don't have to ensure security and just need to ensure you can call and test.  The manufacturers won't listen to us, they did with the Note 7 but that was different. We worked with other carriers to get Samsung to change policy" - Well you haven't got anyone to back you up here because all other carriers seem to have a different update policy.  This is an EE issue.

"We don't mess with manufacturers software in any way. We don't have developers and simply have a firmware given to us to test.  We find what parts don't work with our network and request changes.  If the manufacturers don't come back to us there's nothing we can do." - I strongly suspect this is incorrect and EE have more leverage than they make out.

and much much more.

Now this is the norm and has been for a number of years and there are many long term forums users who have just accepted it and now fail to push the company for improvement and progression, why?

Day after day there are posts about the same issue and the same people post the same generic update of acceptance.  It is not support or helpful its in fact the opposite, a change is needed and you're all part of the problem.  Please please try and be a greater part of the solution.

Established Contributor

i fully understand perhaps ofcom should be investigating this case ee'd network is ok ish but their customer service is diabolical to say the least

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I don't think Ofcom will or can do anything.  EE are i'm sure fulfilling the obligation as a carrier and covered in every contract they've created BUT does that mean these is no room for improvement or an acceptane they could and should do better... NO.

Thats where the customers who expect more and understand more come in ...  we need one voice saying the say thing always.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ofcom can not do anything as your not paying for these updates it's not part of your contract. Be it security updates or OS updates.. 

Established Contributor

even still they are delaying these vital updates via putting their ee branding on the OS

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

As i said they'll be covered in every way but is that right, should we stop pushing as one and questioning it.

And yes the root cause of the issue is an EE policy.

Established Contributor

maybe ee need to take things more serious and listen to their customers more

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Exactly and that's what i'm trying to do.

There is a number of forum users who have closer connections to EE and can push this issue further and harder and that needs doing.  This acceptance of poor service needs to stop and a change made.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What ever the delay is do you think it's intentional ?  or it can not be help because of other issues when one issue is corrected.  

Established Contributor

ive been with various networks but seems ee hasnt got a clue about customer service and need to have a huge overhaul 

Established Contributor

of course its intentional they seem ok to take money but not willing to provide a decent customer service

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The choice to have their service in a way that can impact security updates is an intentional one.  I find it impossible to believe it was unintentional/by accident, do you?

It could be a by product of the choices made and that i can understand but that does not mean there was a choice.  A choice that can be understood by its customers, made transparent and addressed as with new technology and the last delay.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.