by RegTripp
Explorer

blocking sms messages

I keep getting unwanted messages from different sources literally every 10 minutes - even in the middle of the night. Yet there is no method on my simple Alcatel PIXI 4 phone of blocking these unwanted  messages. I don't know the numbers they are coming from and I do not want to open them and unsubscribe as this does not work either and merely tells them that someone is receiving their messages. My only solution is to power off my phone for a day or so but then when I reopen it there they are again 20 or 30 or 40 of the same unwanted messages.

If I can't get an answer I am going to have to get a new phone with a different number. Please HELP urgently as it is driving me mad.

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: blocking sms messages

Hi @RegTripp

Welcome to the community.

Are they text messages or notifications? 

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Is the phone number its coming from the same?

Is it a normal phone number rather than a short code?

You dont need to get a new phone but you can get a new number.

Swapping phones wont solve the issue.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by RegTripp
Explorer

They are notifications and not text messages and they use up all my data just because I look at them without even opening them. I am not at all savvy with mobile phone usage so perhaps the answer is to block notifications. Is that what you are going to suggest?.If I do that however can I still receive and send text messages?

Thanks for your reply

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @RegTripp

I can see @BrendonH has asked some very helpful questions, please take a look and let us know so we can provide you the best possible guidance/solution. 

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.