by jonisbell Investigator
Investigator

You don't have an apple music membership with ee

I'm currently in the United States and decided to upgrade my Nexus 5x to Android 8.0. After the upgrade I attempted to play a song with Apple Music - it gave an error message (Title: "the content is not authorized" and the message "error code: 17060").

I upgraded to the latest version of the apple music app and still got the same error.

I then decided to clear the cache and data for the app this time it offered to let me to sign up for a 3 month trial. Not the 6 month EE/Apple trial.

At this point I verified that my Apple Music trial is still valid. It's listed on the addons page of the "My EE" app until Feb 24th 2018.

I visited the https://itunes.apple.com/carrier link whilst on WiFi and the Apple Music gave the error "You don't have an apple music membership with ee".

I found some other posts which mention checking your number is listed correctly on your phone. I confirmed by checking Settings > System > About Phone > Status > SIM Status. The number is correct and is prefixed with 0044 - I don't know if this is a consequence of roaming or if it's normal.

Any thoughts on how I can get this working again?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: You don't have an apple music membership with ee

Hi @jonisbell

Welcome to the community. 🙂

How long are you in the USA for?

What is the make and model of your phone?

I'll do my best to help.

Chris

by jonisbell Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for taking an interest Chris. I'm going home for Christmas on
December 14th and using a Nexus 5x.
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me, @jonisbell.

It may be worth having a chat with our technical support team.

They will be able to run a troubleshooting session for you. However, this may be limited due to you being currently abroad.

I suggest logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.