by elkabong
Explorer

Xperia z5c android 7 wifi issues

My phone updated a few weeks ago to the latest android 7.1 image and since then the wifi hasn't worked properly. If the phone is rebooted it will connect to the wifi and be generally stable. However, leave the house and return, the wifi won't re-connect until the phone has been rebooted.

I have carried out the Sony restore which hasn't fixed the issue. I did this incase the upgrade went wrong somewhere along the long the line.

Anyone have any ideas ? I can't keep rebooting everytime i want the phone to connect to my wifi.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Xperia z5c android 7 wifi issues

Hi, 

If you search Google this seems to be a common issue with the Sony update. 

You are also best searching Sony forums here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @elkabong and welcome to the Community,

It may be worth entering recovery mode and clearing the cache as this may help.

To do this, please follow the below instructions:

• Power off your device.
  • Boot in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Button at the same time.
  • Release all buttons when the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact screen flickers and in a few seconds the Recovery screen will appear.

Many thanks,

Lee

by elkabong
Explorer

Thanks for the assist. It looks like we'll be waiting on Sony and/or Google then to release a patch to fix the issue(s). I've noticed since the upgrade that not only have there been wifi issues, but also battery drain issues.

I'll look to see if i can revert back to the last version of Android 6.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.