by Skatiechik Investigator
Investigator

Wrong mobile number displayed on phone

I have just swapped my phone from a S4 mini, to a Samsung A5.

I placed the sim from the mini into the A5, and it is displaying the wrong phone number in the about part of the settings.

Apps are picking up the number from the settings as my number. I have just got a SMS message from someone asking who I am and why I have been contacting them. The name beside it displays "me" So clearly the phone has now been sending something to this other number - hopefully nothing bad!

How do I get my new phone to recognise my correct phone number?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Wrong mobile number displayed on phone

Hi, 

Have you ported your number over to a new sim? 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

When I recieved the multi-sim around three years ago I kept my number yes and it was ported on to the SIM I have now. I did not have this problem on the S4 Mini.

In this instance all I have done is move the sim from the S4 Mini, to the A5.

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Skatiechik

Please do give customer services a quick call as they will be able to perform a network refresh and correct the number displayed.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Is there an email address I can send to, or a support ticket I could raise?

I would rather not call. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE provides no email contact.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Just to add to this. A wrong display number wouldn't cause messages to be seen to be coming from the wrong number. So there may be another issue here as well.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.