by encee
Explorer

Will the s8 have wifi calling if bought elsewhere?

Will the s8 have wifi calling if bought elsewhere? CPW has a nice deal where you get free speakers with the phone, but EE has not updated its list of phones that have wifi calling enabled for all versions.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Will the s8 have wifi calling if bought elsewhere?

Hi @encee

Just to confirm WiFi Calling will be available on both direct & indirect versions of the Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus.

Thanks - Karen Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @encee If you take a look at this thread https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/android/page/2/thread-id/34907

@Lee_H a community staff member is finding out for us.

I would personally say that as is the case with the s7 wifi calling will work on a non EE device I doubt 4G calling will though.

although if it doesn't you can always flash EE software to the phone 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by encee
Explorer

Does flashing official software void my warranty? Did some reading around and there is a whole bunch of mixed responses. Would that also mean I get 4g calling or would it only solve wifi calling.

Thanks!

by robdevil Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It will not void warranty at all. And you will get wifi call option enabled. Im not sure about VoLTE but it wasnt available since ive had samsung device last time.

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @encee

Just to confirm WiFi Calling will be available on both direct & indirect versions of the Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus.

Thanks - Karen Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@encee Flashing it with EE software has no affect on warranty and will enable 4G calling wifi calling will be supported on any firmware.

Personally I will be flashing it to EE software as I want 4G calling 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.