by guy26591
Explorer

Wifi calling drops calls after 3-5 mins then does not recover, requires restart

Phone connects to wifi calling when I restart it. if i make a call, it connects and I can have a conversation from 3-5mins before it always drops out. wifi calling does not come back without me restarting my phone, I have no signal anywhere in my house so I really need to be able to use wifi calling. 

- phone is a Xperia x5 compact

- have tried factory reset

- have reset my router, does not reconnect wifi calling on my phone even though it shows full wifi signal

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Wifi calling drops calls after 3-5 mins then does not recover, requires rest

Hi,

Is this a recent problem, by that I mean has it worked just fine for the last few weeks?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Wifi calling drops calls after 3-5 mins then does not recover, requires rest

Morning @guy26591

Thanks for coming here.

As @Northerner has asked how long has this been happening for you?

Can you connect to a different WiFi connection and use WiFi calling ok?

Speak soon 🙂

by guy26591
Explorer

Hi,

Tbh I have only noticed it since moving into my new house (which has no mobile signal) which was about a month ago. I didn't rely on WiFi calling before this so it could have been an issue but I was unaware. 

I have noticed it does the same thing on my work WiFi so don't think the issue is my home broadband. 

Thanks

by

Thanks @guy26591

I see in this case we would need to get this looked into for you.

If you can give us a call our technical support team will be able to help.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

by Mab3
Explorer

I have had this problem since May 2018 when I upgraded from a Sony Xperia xa to a xa2. It's driving me nuts . When waiting in a queue for a call centre advisor to respond you just get connected then get cut off and have to call up again - end of the queue once more. I have called EE - and got cut off most of the time. I got all sorts of advice which didn't work. I was given a new SIM  No luck. Spent three hours and £30 travelling to my nearest EE shop. They couldn't help. I have been using calling through broadband since there was a box called a signal box  I have been with Orange then EE since 2000 and never had problems with WiFi calling until this year. My mobile connection at home is poor and goes up and down constantly. I don't have 4g at home  I used to rely on my WiFi calling and now it doesn't work. If I have an emergency I'll probably die because I'll be cut off before I can give the address to emergency services . Thanks for the posts. I'll try going to airoplane mode at home and pretend I'm on holiday. Broadband is fine for streaming online videos on my TV by the way. An EE engineer turned on the 5ghz thing on Saturday but I'm still getting dropped calls. 

by

Hi @Mab3,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with WiFi calling.

You can chat with technical support via our get in touch page. They'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.