by Edenrosenfield Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why is my data not working on social media apps

Thankyou so much, that worked
by Andrewworr Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Good afternoon, @Edenrosenfield

I am sorry to hear you are having issues using your social media apps. Rest assured, I will try to sort this out for you.

You mention your data isn't working on social media apps. Is your data working on other apps, such as news apps or web browsers?

Could you please check in your phone settings or the My EE app (search in the app store) how much data you have left? Low or no data could cause this issue. If you prefer you can use the website version of My EE at https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

Whilst you're using My EE, please check if your content lock (parental controls) is set to strict. To my knowledge this may affect some social media services. You may need to set it to moderate or off to regain access to the social media apps. You'll be able to do this if you're the account holder and over 18. Otherwise there should be a form located somewhere to use a credit card and have it removed (or you can contact EE, the link to this page is at the end of my reply here).

I also suggest trying to use the social media services you're attempting to use in the phone web browser (for example go to https://mobile.facebook.com/ on your phone instead of using the app) to see if these issues still occur.

Please also try using the apps on WiFi if possible or a different device. 

You can check if a website / service is down for just yourself, or everyone at http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ - it might be an issue with the servers backstage at the social media headquarters.

I hope this has helped. If not, I advise contacting the customer services of the social media apps you're having issues with or contacting the EE customer service team here - //ee.co.uk/help/contact-us

Have a lovely day and hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Andrew

by Edenrosenfield Investigator
Investigator

Yes my data works on other apps just not social media, and it won't let me use the website version as it says no connection
Established Contributor

Hi again @Edenrosenfield

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Got it. I think this would be something to do with the content lock. I advise checking this in your My EE account as advised in my previous reply. Please note you might have to wait a short while after turning it off, if it's on.

If you still have issues after checking this please reply here again and I'll try to help you.

Andrew

Established Contributor

Hi @Edenrosenfield

It's a pleasure knowing that I've helped someone here in the community. That's what myself and all of the other EE Community members are here for.

Have a wonderful evening. 🙂

Andrew

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @Edenrosenfield.

I see @Andrewworr has offered you some wonderful help here.

Please feel free to come back to the community any time. 🙂

Chris

by Denise67
Explorer

I cannot access Social Media via data. I can access all other apps, browse the internet etc. I have plenty of data available. Content lock is switched off.

by adamskimtb Investigator
Investigator

I have same problem. Facebook, Instagram and Messenger not working. Apps and through web browse. 

by

Hi @Denise67  and @adamskimtb 

If you've both checked your Content lock settings in your My EE account, could you try re-starting your phone?

Are you both able to use the apps on WiFi?

​​​​​​​Chris

by Denise67
Explorer

I've been on to EE for over an hour. It's a problem with Samsung's latest update, have had to revert to a previous version.Denise Sanderson
by Joolscdf

I have the same issue - how did you manage to get back to the old software version?

by Leahchristie
Explorer

I am having the same issue.

I can only use social media apps when on wifi but not with data. I cant use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or download/upload media to WhatsApp.

I have checked my content locks and they are fine. My settings are all set for data usage on all apps...I have no idea what else to try.

I went to an EE store in Oxford and they couldn't figure it out. I have restarted my phone. Downloaded upgrades etc...nothing is working and it is making my work difficult as I promote my business via social media and need to do this when I am not in range of wifi.

Please help me sort this

by Andywebb8
Explorer

I am having identical issue. I can browse websites , login to banking or other apps but cannot get social media apps to refresh over 4G nor download/upload media on whatsapp

checked content lock, refreshed network settings etc nothing seems to help....

by

Hi @Leahchristie and @Andywebb8

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Could you both check your content lock settings in your My EE account.

If the content lock is on, please switch it OFF and retry.

If it's already showing off, please turn the content lock to STRICT then back to OFF.

Let me know if it's any better after that.

Chris

by Andywebb8
Explorer

Hi
I already advised in my message that I had checked content locked and no issues with that

Sent from my iPhone
by

It didn't say whether you'd changed it to STRICT and back to OFF, though @Andywebb8.

Just wanted to make sure you had tried that, as it's known to have fixed this problem for others.

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus so that they can check your account and run through some troubleshooting with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Leahchristie
Explorer

Hi Chris,

Fantastic! This worked. I turned my security settings to STRICT then back to OFF, restarted my phone and now my socials are working 😄

Brilliant! It's been weeks so this is really fantastic.

Thank you,

Leah

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions