by jrp1950
Explorer

Why is my EE Harrier's clock losing time? Setting is for automatic date & time

My EE Harrier's clock is losing time when my phone is switched on - about 5 minutes per hour. my settings are for automatic date and time. if i switch the phone off and on again the time resets correctly but then begins to lose time again. Battery charge appears to have little to do with this.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my EE Harrier's clock losing time? Setting is for automatic date &amp

@jrp1950  Turn off automatic as this is not relevant to the uk as there is only one time zone in the U.K. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my EE Harrier's clock losing time? Setting is for automatic date &amp

Automatic date and time is not just about time zones. It's for syncing with a time server on the Net. Anyway we do have GMT & BST.

Sounds like that's working by syncing at switch-on but the phone itself is faulty by losing time thereafter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Oh sorry I didn't realise that we are not able to adjust clocks manually because of BST time. The whole of the UK has 1 time zone that alters depending on what time of year it is.  If you was to live somewhere that has  multiple times zones and you are passing through these time zones and you have the automatic clock set is an easy option of you having to not change the clock on the device manually.  But in the UK it's not really necessary. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not really necessary but more accurate Smiley Wink!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jrp1950,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you having this problem with the main system clock that shows in the status bar at the top of your phone, or with a clock widget on your home screen?

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by jrp1950
Explorer

Re: Why is my EE Harrier's clock losing time? Setting is for automatic date

Both, as far as I can tell.
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @jrp1950

Have you recently upgraded your software or downloaded any new apps?

It may be worth backing up your phone and completing a factory reset to see if that solves the problem.

- James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is my EE Harrier's clock losing time? Setting is for automatic date

Hi, 

Go into settings - applications/apps - find the clock then clear its data & cache then restart the phone. 

See if that helps. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Would you say the clock on The Elizabeth Tower is not accurate ?  last time i checked this didnt have automatic clock time control.  Its manually controlled and its within 1 second of being accurate.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.