by MTS
Explorer

Why have I been charged for text messages to an EU number when I have unlimited

Why have I been charged for text messages to an EU number when I have unlimited texts to UK and EU numbers?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Why have I been charged for text messages to an EU number when I have unlimi

Hi @MTS What plan are you on? Unless it’s a business one with included international texts then the unlimited texts are only for use when in the U.K. to U.K. numbers or when roaming In Eu to Eu numbers texts sent from U.K. to Eu numbers will be charged as your not roaming 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Why have I been charged for text messages to an EU number when I have unlimi

Hi @MTS What plan are you on? Unless it’s a business one with included international texts then the unlimited texts are only for use when in the U.K. to U.K. numbers or when roaming In Eu to Eu numbers texts sent from U.K. to Eu numbers will be charged as your not roaming 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Texts from UK to anywhere abroad are always chargeable. You are not roaming when in UK. However you can get these texts, & calls, at cheaper-than-standard rates by texting CALL ABROAD to 150.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MTS
Explorer

Thanks for the info, it has enlightened me haha. cheers

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.