by Lain86
Explorer

Why does Tinder not work on the 4G network? It works fine on the 3G network.

1. Headline says it all really. Tinder doesn't work on 4G. As soon as I change my network settings to 3G signal only it works fine? I've also emailed them and not had a terribly helpful response. I asked them the same question as above adding that I'm on the EE network and all they did was ask me when it is happening and what network I am on?! Also told me to contact EE so I'll try here. 

Thanks for reading

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Why does Tinder not work on the 4G network? It works fine on the 3G network.

Good Afternoon @Lain86

Thanks for coming to the Community for help! Smiley Happy

You may have already tried this - have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app?

What device are you using?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Lain86
Explorer

Re: Why does Tinder not work on the 4G network? It works fine on the 3G network.

For some reason when I asked this question the forum didn't find a thread already in progress so this is actually a duplicate. There are ways around this problem. Changing the my signal to 3g works. Deleting app data sometimes works. I have reinstalled and that also fixes the problem temporarily but downloading the app daily is not an option. 

The other option is checking content lock on my account which I definitely don't have. 

I have emailed tinder and they are "looking into it" 

I dont believe this is a problem EE can help with as it does work on 3g. 

Thanks for your time 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Lain86

We see a few queries about tinder not working on 4G and it appears to be a capability issue with the app.

Let us know when you hear back from tinder.

Have a lovely day!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

As I said in the other thread.

I downloaded tinder to test it out.

It doesn't work on 4G for me on the Three network so this is not a network specific issue. It is a tinder issue and they are passing the blame onto the networks.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.