by rd2000
Explorer

Why does J3 not connect to Virgin wifi

My Galaxy J3 no longer connects to my home Virgin wifi hub. No problem with other wifi services (eg at work or in coffee shops etc). 

I have trawled forums - seems to be a common problem - with no success so thought I would come to EE community  (phone supplied by EE).

Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why does J3 not connect to Virgin wifi

@rd2000: Get up the Virgin Hub's SSID on your phone & tell it to Forget it. Then select it again & type in its pwd. It should now connect.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @rd2000

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

I'm just checking to see if the fantastic piece of advice given to you by @XRaySpeX has helped get things working?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by rd2000
Explorer

Hi Richard

Thanks very much for suggestion but no joy. I'd already tried 'forget and reconnect' and 'battery out and restart' but nothing. I can't even get to point where I'm asked for password.

Get Outlook for Android
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rd2000,

Is your router visible in the list of available WiFi connections on your phone?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.