by OB_2009

Why are my photos blurry on my Sony? It hasn't been near water either

Recently my camera has appeared blurry and out of focus or soft focused. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? My friend said possible water damaged but it's nrver been in the bathroom... Help please 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why are my photos blurry on my Sony? It hasn't been near water either

@OB_2009  I recommend that your contact Sony about this as they provide the warranty on the device.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @OB_2009

Welcome to the community.

Please try clearing the camera cache:-

From the Home screen, tap Apps >>> Tap Settings >>> Scroll to APPLICATIONS, then tap Application manager. >>> Swipe right to the ALL screen. >>> Scroll to and tap Camera. >>> Tap Clear cache. >>> Tap Clear data. button, then OK.

Alternatively:  Go to Camera >>> Select Settings >>> Tap Reset to default

Your pictures will not be deleted when you do this.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

wrote:

Recently my camera has appeared blurry and out of focus or soft focused. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? My friend said possible water damaged but it's nrver been in the bathroom... Help please 

Try a 3rd party camera app from the Google Play store.

If the pictures come out blurry there also, it's likely a sensor or lens fault, be it physical or otherwise. If something has caused the lens to steam up internally, like sudden humidity/heat changes, that can also cause this without every being physically immersed in water.

If so, contact EE if it's in warranty for repair.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.