by izzys22uk
Visitor

Where is the Huawei P9 lite nougat update

The update has been available for months from Huawei, how much longer do your EE customers have to wait for our update?  It's nearly august, at this rate I fear we won't get it till next year.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Where is the Huawei P9 lite nougat update

Hi @izzys22uk

Once an update is available for your phone, you'll receive a notification.

Sorry we don't have any further info.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by pshuttle Investigator
Investigator

Poor show. The update has been available for months.

I will have to consider this when my contract comes to an end. For me, the slow speed of response to FW updates is a major issue.

Sadly, it is looking to be a deal breaker. 

by JimmyC Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@pshuttle

I recommend people dont join EE, unless they accept the version of Android they get with their new phone is the one they will be stuck with for the term of the contract...

Other carriers understnad their customers expect to be kept up to date in a reasonable timeframe with updates from Google, not having these is a security risk....

by islandman75 Investigator
Investigator

Nougat update is possible using firmware finder, free app... have a look on youtube for the video. also on XDA forum, I wrote my experience, I got a P9 lite locked on EE and I've updated to EMUI 5.0, Android 7... But first you have to install B160 fullOTA dated June then the B382 dated later... and it did work for me. 

by pshuttle Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I got fed up waiting and followed the process you described to update my P9.

Highlighted
by Alittlemonkeyma

My P9 lite was bought in November last year, my wife's bought in December last year. Hers updated yesterday and yet mine has not, they are different "Version numbers", but seriously come on !!!!

Is there any customer service within EE ??

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions