by pnewest
Explorer

Where is the Huawei P9 Nougat update?

I'd like to add my name to the growing number of EE users requesting the 2016 Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Huawei P9 (given we're almost in 2018 and Android 8.0 is now out).

I believe EE were given the update in Q1 this year and it also seems to be available unofficially at http://www.stechguide.com/download-huawei-p9-b380-nougat-update-2/ but like a lot of users we would like it OTA update in case of issues.

I also have the powering-off bug that 7.0 is reported to fix, so would like this as a matter of some urgency.

So I'd really appreciate, that before answering with a standard reply, that you please look into this.  Contact your tech team, even Huawei and give us an honest release date.  It's way way overdue!

Thanks

mike

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Where is the Huawei P9 Nougat update?

Hi @pnewest,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The update is currently being rolled out in batches and should be with you soon.

Thanks

James

by Wheresmynougat
Explorer

Seriously?! You have actually started rolling it out?!!! Its only about 9 months too late but honestly im just relieved its coming. Thanks for the update @James_B and also @pnewest for putting out yet another thread that I was expecting would go unnoticed. So....when should it arrive? In a few days or weeks or what???

by pnewest
Explorer

Hi James

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer.   Since your reply I've received the Android 7.0 update and installed on my P9, and all is good Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mike

by

No problem @pnewest

I'm glad to hear the update has reached you. Smiley Happy

James

by Wheresmynougat
Explorer

@James_B Is this update coming out on the P9 Lite though?! I'm one of many people that is still waiting for the P9 Lite nougat update. Without this update, I'm still stuck with the same google assistant bugs that linger on the Huawei and also the major security issues that EE have left exposed on the older operating system.

I look forward to hearing your response @James_B and thanks for your time.

by

Hi @Wheresmynougat

Welcome to the community. 🙂

We don't get any prior notice for the software updates.

As soon as one becomes available, you'll be the first to know through a notification on your phone.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.