by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

When will my Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ pre-order arrive?

This post is for those of you who have pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ from EE and explains how the delivery process works. As the text we've sent you explains, we're on track for your delivery on 20th April, 8 days earlier than the official launch date.

If you haven't pre-ordered your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ from EE yet - there's still time! The last date for pre-orders for the 8 days early delivery is 5pm on 18th April. If you order after that time you will receive your order on the official launch day;  28th April.

The image below shows what happens when you order from us – you can find a lot more detail about deliveries on our help page.

delivery.jpg

Summary:

• If you pre-order a new device online or over the phone, we'll send a confirmation, followed by a weekly update on the progress of your order.

• If you ordered in one of our retail stores, once the device is in stock, you’ll receive a call from a store advisor during store opening hours.

• When we receive the device, our delivery company DPD will confirm via text that it's on the way and specify a one-hour delivery window.

• In the event your delivery is going to be longer than expected, we'll text you and provide a weekly update thereafter.

• If you've ordered multiple items, we'll send you separate texts for each item so that you know when to expect them.

• It's arrived! We really hope you enjoy the new device.

I hope this helps make things clear.

If there are any more questions about our delivery process, please ask below and we'll do our best to get you an answer.

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
131 REPLIES 131
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: When will my Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ pre-order arrive?

Thanks for the information @TiffJ 

So who is pre ordering one? 

Which model did you go for? 

What are you most looking forward to? 

I am on the brink of pre ordering and would like to know what other customers think about the device 

Thanks 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Got my pre ordered through a store.  Didn't get anything extra for pre ordering it other than 8 day early but i think thats because of the tariff i chose.

Went for an S8 the plus was just that little to big for my hands and pockets.  Camera is one of the main features i enjoy and this looks like its going to be the best so far.  Also ordered a Spigen case cause well, its a hell of a screen.   Bixby looks like its going to be a non starter but there is a way to map the button to Google now which i love.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thanks for the information @TiffJ

I have ordered the S8+ in black. I have had every Galaxy S phone from the S3 apart from the S7.

The feature I am looking forward to is Bixby. I use voice control in my Ford Focus to call people as it is so I would like to see how this is with the real world. It is new for Samsung but they have poured a lot of investment into this and can see it over taking Siri and Google Assistant.

Can't wait until the 20th now. Waiting is the hardest part.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As youhave them in stock, can we not have them delivered any sooner!??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@djslapper. The deal that allows you to have it early is between Samsung and EE this is non-negotiable as that was the agreement that was laid out. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

All of the main networks are actually delivering the S8 8 days 'early'.  The early release thing is actually nothing more than Samsung marketing spin.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yes, but can't see as EE already have the phones available can't they get DPD to deliver them earlier as we have paid good money for them 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@djslapper wrote:

Yes, but can't see as EE already have the phones available can't they get DPD to deliver them earlier as we have paid good money for them 🙂

Because they have to keep to the official date.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@djslapper  It's say 8 days early amd not before if we had them.  You agreed to that when you placed your pre order.    You do know that this 8 days early is just a gimmick and that is the non official release date for this device.  It's called building up the hype.  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Coming thursday so not long to wait now.

I finished work early today due to them messing up so nothing for me to do so I decided to pop round my local EE store to have a little play with the S8+

It's good to hold in your hand and isn't too big for my small hands really. (This was my biggest worry)

Great design in the flesh and no camera bump (yay. That was so anoyying on my S6 edge)

Once I receive it I will pop up a little review of it and how I am getting on with it.

Then will come back few days later to update on battery life.

But I will be on here all day Thursday so ask me any questions about the phone. (I will update when I actually receive it on the day though :p)

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Reports from South Korea is saying there are a red tint on some devices. 

Official statement from Samsung is to adjust the RGB settings which you are able to do.

This is not a quality issue and Samsung will most likely release an update to resolve this.

So remember when you receive your device and you see this red tint on the screen. Don't panic, adjust the settings there is nothing wrong with your device. 

by stompy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Will we receive our DPD notifications tomorrow, or will this be Thursday morning? I can't quite remember how it works?

Thanks

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The VERGE review no yet on their own site.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/video/money/galaxy-s8-review/vp-BBzXiwM

gutted Samsung have blocked reassigning the Bixby button.. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@stompy wrote:

Will we receive our DPD notifications tomorrow, or will this be Thursday morning? I can't quite remember how it works?

Thanks

@stompy

You will receive a text from DPD the day before to let you know you will receive it.

So yes tomorrow. 

Established Contributor

I believe that some people on other forums, are saying that they have been told by EE that their devices are going to be picked up by the courier tonight...this could mean that delivery could take place tomorrow. Also, orders made directly through the Samsung website are also now showing as shipped. Exciting times.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I haven't seen my tracking info lately and will check when I am at home on my PC. 

But do not expect them tomorrow.  DPD will most likely hold on to it until Thursday.

EE are just doing their bit to get through all the pre orders.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Just found my tracking info in my phone.

It describes indeed say shipped. 

Established Contributor

@BrendonH have you ordered with EE or Samsung directly? As I don't know if you can check shipping info if ordered with EE?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@stompy EE use DPD and if you download their app and as long as the mobile number and email address you use to register with DPD match that used by EE, it should automatically find the tracking info.

It works for any DPD shipment regardless of the company you order from.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.