by Mark_R
Explorer

When will The Samsung J6 Pie Update be available on EE

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy J6 (SM-J600FN) that was purchased SIM Free and is using an EE SIM Only Plan.

On My EE the device shows as Unknown and she has never received any Software Updates even though Samsung released Android Pie in April for this phone model.  It is still running the August 2018 security update that was on the phone when purchased.

My Son's J3 (2017), which was supplied by EE, received the Pie update this week.

When will the Pie update be available for the J6 (on EE) and will my wife be able to receive it given that her phone isn't recognised (even though she does connect and use mobile data)?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: When will The Samsung J6 Pie Update be available on EE

Hi @Mark_R,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Samsung Support should be able to let you know when you can expect to receive the next update for your SIM free phone.

Thanks

James

3 REPLIES 3
by
Solution

Hi @Mark_R,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Samsung Support should be able to let you know when you can expect to receive the next update for your SIM free phone.

Thanks

James

by Mark_R
Explorer

I've been in touch with Samsung Support and it seems my phone is a European model and the update may not be out yet.

As for not receiving any other updates I've been asked to go to a Samsung Support Centre for them to check the phone out, it's hosted by EE so I've effectively come full circle.

I won't get there for a few weeks but I've lived without updates since January so a few more weeks shouldn't do any harm.

by

Hi @Mark_R

Thanks for coming back with an update 🙂

Let us know how you get on after visiting the support centre.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.