by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: When can I get Nougat on my S7 Edge?

An EE manager who i've since been told did not represent the views of EE told me the S7 won't have delays of passed devices as many of the changes EE require have already been built into the EE firmware builds.  Things such as wifi calling and voice over LTE but it seems they're still managing to be last with the update.

It does make you wonder why and that's why transparency is needed.  It grows trust and even though EE may look back IF.. the issue is down to them at least as a customer we can make an informed choice about how we go with.

For S7 users frustrated by the delays i would suggest using the chat feature and asking for a call back from a manager.  Then ask for a time line of updates and where in the process EE is. Then use Samsungs corporate contact us and ask for a time line and a statement on their contract with EE, if there is one.

by Joshua111 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Bellyman wrote:

Do you think a site detailing the EEs time line of updates and would be a benefit.

I've written about it above and the ideas been passed on within EE but we need more people saying this would be of benefit.

i would find that very beneficial to anyone wanting to see what stage updates are at

by Joshua111 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

after contacting ee via the chat feature the advisor said "we are not in a position to quote a timeline for updates we just get told when it gets sent out for release once ready" i will continue to push for an answer its getting pathetic that ee cant give a simple answer to a customer 

by markfox012 Investigator
Investigator

I am done with EE and there poor excuses regarding update on galaxy s7. 1 phone has now moved to different network.  Broadband moving best month and another phone ending in August.  Well done to all at EE you have now lost my custom and I am sure many more will be doing the same. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I have to say I agree with you I find this complete silence from EE on the subject disgusting 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by markfox012 Investigator
Investigator

As a paying customer I would expect more than the 'phone will notify you when update is ready' 

Many people have asked regarding updates and the security but no official response from EE. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

its unfortunate people feel they need to leave what is an excellent service due to an issue.  Its even more unfortunate people feel they need to leave as their questions are not being answered, considered, taken seriously or offered any explanation at all.

EE needs to change and i'm sure changes are coming but some should be made now to reassure its customers they're listening, have a plan to improve and more importantly want to improve.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions