by Jayrose Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What is difference getting ee cotract with ee or carphone.

What os the difference other than being cheaper getting my ee contract through carphone warehouse. i still get ee add ons such as international calling bundles if I get my ee contract through carphone and will my ee app still work on my phone?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What is difference getting ee cotract with ee or carphone.

@Jayrose   The app will still work and the device depending on what it is might not have wifi calling if the device can support it.   What device are you looking at ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Depending on your phone EE purchased phones run EE firmware and have access to exclusive EE services such as voice over 4G. 

CPW phones tend to be imported from the EU. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

S8 plus

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Jayrose, The EE App wil work with your phone, whether you got the phone from Carphone Warehouse or direct from EE.

The phones from third party are generic phones, unlike the ones from EE. Depending which phone you get will depend whether you get Wifi calling or 4G calling if you get it through third party, such as Carphone Warehouse.

You will not have the EE firmware, if you get the phone from third party.

Established Contributor

As far as I know like the iPhone 7 it will have wi fi calling as a generic without the ee firmware.

Someone posted I could flash? The phone with ee firmware. Is this true.

Also want to know if I can get the extra ee add with ee if the phone is with carphone such as international calling?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jayrose wrote:

As far as I know like the iPhone 7 it will have wi fi calling as a generic without the ee firmware.

Someone posted I could flash? The phone with ee firmware. Is this true.

Also want to know if I can get the extra ee add with ee if the phone is with carphone such as international calling?

BTU S7 firmware allows wifi calling but unsure about the S8 until it comes out. As for flashing EE firmware this I s not as simple as flashing BTU onto an EE phone because EE firmware is larger (due to bloat) than the default BTU firmware so the partition size is different. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Jayrose and welcome to the Community.

As previous posters have mentioned buying from indirect companies (Carphone Warehouse) can be slightly different to buying direct (online, telesales and retail)

We will use the S8/S8+ for example, you get WIFI calling from both direct and indirect sellers, but you can only have 4G calling on direct bought devices.

In your previous post you mentioned the iPhone and this firmware is not altered by any network, that means you can have both WIFI calling and 4G calling on both direct and indirect bought handsets.

Network bundles i.e. calling abroad and roaming bundles are not affected by where you buy from.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.