by ITguy

What is MM phone services phone not allowed mean?

So its 21:05 and I am trying to find my hotel when my mobile stops working as a phone no calls, no bandwidth nothing, I get a message MM Phone Services Phone not allowed.    Jumping into a random hotel and asking if I can use their wifi, I do a search  It looks like my SIM has been disabled.

I have to ask WHY?  I pay my bills automatically, and it's over £70 a month.   

I try to contact customer services any way I can, nope it's now after 21:00 call back tomorrow.  It appears that the adam the chat person is not trained to answer any questions other than acquisition of new customers.  The chat box says that don't ask technical or service questions they cant answer them.  I an desperate, as soon as I go out into the rain again my phone and maps stop working.  So I figure if I download the map using the local hotel wifi the GPS will work but no calling home or receiving SMS messages.

Now sat in my hotel wondering what I have done wrong to have my SMS disabled.  Could it be that last week when I spoke to an EE representative who suggested that if I signed up for another year they would give me another 2GB a month?   If it turns out that this deal also required me to change my SIM and they did not tell me then I am going to be a bit cross because I am now 500 miles away from my post and don't have a phone.

We shall see.

TL;DR  Phone stopped working, thinks that a service upgrade required a new sim but was not told and is now stuck in London without a working phone all for a mear £70 a month.  #nothappy

by Legend

Re: What is MM phone services phone not allowed mean?

Go into any EE store and they can sort you out a new SIM immediately.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by ITguy

Yes and they restored it. Someone had reported my phone stolen. Can you

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

EE Community Support Team

Hi @ITguy,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your phone isn't working at the moment.

You shouldn't need a new SIM because you upgraded.

Have you been able to contact customer services this morning?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.