by 2766 Investigator
Investigator

Weird network problem...

I have a Samsung S3 Mini on T-Mobile PAYG. When connected to a wifi network everything works fine. Over the last few days when using the phone via my T-Mobile PAYG SIM I can send and receive text messages but none of the apps - pre-installed or installed by myself via the Play Store - connect/work.

I have not changed any network settings. I have credit on the phone. The network is showing as either ‘H’ or ‘3G’ and the yellow and green arrows are flashing as normal. I have signal strength ‘bars’ showing. I've done a factory reset but still no joy. Any help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Weird network problem...

Good Afternoon @2766

Thanks for posting on the community.

Have you deleted one of the apps and reinstalled this at all?

Do calls work ok?

Thanks 🙂

by 2766 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've deleted and reinstalled various apps and prior to deleting I deleted their cache, data and uninstalled updates.

After the factory reset, a couple of apps on reinstallation said that they were not compatible with my device even though they were installed and working fine before the problem started.

Yes, I can make and receive calls.

by

Hello @2766

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can you access the internet?

Is your software up to date on the device?

Thanks 🙂

by 2766 Investigator
Investigator

Software update is up to date.

Can access internet when on wireless. When trying to access via T-Mobile network it says 'couldn't establish a secure connection'.

by

Thanks @2766

We will need to look into this for you.

If you can give us a call our customer service team can get this investigated for you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.