by ailis Investigator
Investigator

Warranty re: battery // currently abroad // XZ1 Compact

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.

I started a two year contract with EE on the XZ1 Compact approximately in October. Initially the phone started out brilliantly, but it has declined very quickly.

My battery is not even lasting 12 hours, on very minimal use. I normally charge it before I go to sleep, and then take it off the charge at 100% - after an 8 hours sleep, I am lucky if it is above 50% battery.

I have done the usual fixes, using the battery saving setting, as well as Greenify. This is not acceptable for the battery to drain so quickly.

My main issue is that I am abroad until April, and I have been unable to get a live chat link on the website.

What are my rights in terms of getting this phone replaced?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Warranty re: battery // currently abroad // XZ1 Compact

@ailis  The battery if it’s covered by the warranty because it’s faulty will be cover by the manufacturer warranty that is supplied by Sony.    You’ll be better off contacting Sony.    If you go through EE with this EE will not post the device back to you while your abroad.  It will only go back to the billing address.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ailis,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can access live chat by logging in to My EE.

Our technical team will be happy to help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

by ailis Investigator
Investigator

This is an answer I have seen being given constantly across this forum, and yet, it is incorrect. There has never been an advisor free, despite hours spent waiting for the pop-up. This seems to be what most other people are finding, so this advice is very poor. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ailis,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues contacting our live chat teams.

The standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekdays and 8am to 8pm on weekends.

You can also get in touch via telephone.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.