by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Voicemail tab in Oreo phone app

So under the Galaxy A3 Oreo update there's a new tab in the phone app for "voicemails". Except I can't see it's actually doing anything - I've left a few test voicemails which generate the spool symbol and notification text entirely as expected, but nothing happens in the app itself.

The tab says "any voicemails you receive will appear here", except they don't. A couple of other forum posts seem to imply this might be EE offering to convert voicemails into texts... but if so it's not working!!

I'd like to think that if, whatever this new tab is supposed to do, isn't supported on EE, then the tab wouldn't be visible on the EE firmware. But I'm at a loss in the meantime!

Anyone else???

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Voicemail tab in Oreo phone app

Hi @bristolian

This must be EE/phone specific as under the S8+ (unbranded) it has the usual Recent, Contacts and Places. This is phone app version 3.0.20.10

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

As far as I know, EE doesn' support Android Visual Voicemail. Even though most Android handsets do. It shouldn' appear unless its been set up though.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks for both replies, it had crossed my mind of visual voicemail being somehow involved.

I'm also running phone app 3.0.20.10 so I'm quite surprised EE haven't hidden this menu until it can be opted-in to or whatever. https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/Visual-Voicemail/td-p/549094 seems quite a relevant thread too.

For now I guess I'll just have to live with a useless tab in the app, but it would be interesting to know if the forum team are able to get any info from the device/software teams 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bristolian,

As @Techhead said, Visual Voicemail isn't currently supported for Android devices.

It does sound like the Voicemail tab is intended for this purpose and I'm unsure why it's visible on your device.

Did you purchase the phone from EE?

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yep, my device is an official EE supplied model which uses VoWiFi, L800 & VoLTE 🙂

It's currently running baseband A320FLXXU2CRD3, build R16NW.A320FLXXU2CRD4

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @bristolian

I've passed your feedback over to the right people.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.