by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Visual Voicemail

Hello EE Community.

Hello I am looking to get an answer about visual voicemail on android phone.

As per I know EE have something that call non iPhone Visual Voicemail, but that I am unable to get on your android phone.

As google conform me android phones have VVM option as I am going paste email here for more detail.

Thank you for contacting Google today regarding your Sony phone and visual voicemail (VVM).  I am sorry that we were unable to answer your question while on the phone.  Since that time I have been able to locate the following information.

Visual voicemail allow you the ability to manage your voicemail without ever having to dial into your voicemail. It lets you view your voicemail messages as a list, giving you the ability to choose which messages you want to listen to now, in any order, while passing over messages that don't need your attention at that moment.

Note: If you don’t have a SIM with a carrier that offers visual voicemail, the option will not appear in the Phone app.

I take this note to mean you may have to have a new SIM from EE to access the services.

Additionally, to enable visual voicemail, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Phone app.
  2. Touch the menu icon, then touch Settings.
  3. In the Settings menu touch Calls.
  4. In the Call setting touch Voicemail.
  5. In the Voicemail settings touch Visual Voicemail to toggle Visual Voicemail on/off.

To access visual voicemail follow the steps below: Open the Phone app and touch the Voicemail icon. If customer has issue accessing visual voicemail, they can still dial into their voicemail as usual. 

For assistance with voicemail (that is normal voicemail), please look here: Check your voicemail.

In the Help Center forum is a post regarding VVM No Visual Voicemail on Nexus 5X (or Android 6.0 in general).  From this article, I take the interpretation that you may need to download a specific app that uses VVM and possibly a bespoke app from your carrier (EE) that handles VVM.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!

The Google Support Team

As in this email it stated I may need to get a new sim that I did but there is still no joy for me.

So, my question does EE have VVM for Android phone if it is not available yet then when it will be.

I hope to get an answer here.

Many Thanks,

Tahirmain

26 REPLIES 26
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Hi,

At the moment Visual Voicemail still remains an iPhone exclusive feature, none of the uk networks support this feature for Andriod phone, or even have plans for this.

W

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

it available on few microsoft phones as well 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE have solution for everything. 

This is not solution for me. 

Oh yes EE technical team also give me solution that was get your PAC code and move on other network. 

Moving on other network best solution EE have as they can't make things available. 

Well done EE keep it up. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@Karen_C

I have non iPhone visual voicemail on my account please can you check for me what is that.

Many Thanks

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @tahirmian

Thank you for visiting the Community today. Smiley Happy

Does the non iPhone Visual Voicemail appear on your account as an add-on?

by
EE Employee

Hi @tahirmian and welcome to the Community.

Can you confirm where you have seen non iPhone visual voicemail.

I have just checked with a few teams and currently we only support visual voicemail on an iPhone.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello,

@Lee_H

its on my account and also i can see on my bill,

Non iPhone Visual VM for 20/3/17 to 8/4/17 (Voicemail at your fingertips )

Free Non iPhone Visual VM ,Free

is there anything else you want to know?

many thanks

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply @tahirmianSmiley Happy

Is there anyway you can take a screenshot of your add-ons or of your bill (blank out all of your important details) and share the screenshot with us on the Community?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI

How could i share screen shot @Inyourbox.

that is copy paste form my bill anyway,

Many Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @tahirmian

I will certainly investigate this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply @Lee_H.

Then you should need to make this topic unresolve.

Many Thanks 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

I find out some information regarding VVM as every where in here ee community it mentioned VVM only for iphone,

this is from apple site https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040

where in i can see only in UK EE and O2 have VVM on iphone. 

two other major Vodafone and Three dont have VVM if it just iphone pure feature then all other network should also have this, 

Even on EE if anyone have iphone and want to use VVM it should need to be active on there account,

otherwise even VVM unable to use on iphone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_voicemail

on Wikipedia 

In 2010, Google Voice became available without invitation. As a voicemail application on Google's Android platform, it can assume control of the visual voicemail functionality in place of a carrier's own application. In 2015, Google brought a native implementation of visual voicemail into Android via the Marshmallow update, by integrating it into the dialer user interface, thereby allowing compatible carrier VVM services to hook into it with minimal configuration.

As i understand it only need carrier setting to use VVM .

Many Thanks 

TM

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tahirmian,

Visual Voicemail is currently only available to EE customers using iPhones.

If this changes in the future, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks

James

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @James_B

I think there's some confusion, @tahirmian has advised @Lee_H that they currently have an add-on on their account and it's also showing on their bill.

The add-on is: "Non iPhone Visual VM for 20/3/17 to 8/4/17" - Whatever this add-on is, it's pro-rated on their bill.

I believe their trying to find more information on what this add-on is as everyone keeps informing them that Visual Voicemail is only available to iPhones; however, the description does clearly state "Non iPhone Visual VM".

by

Hi @Inyourbox,

I believe this may be showing on @tahirmian's account as a result of trying to activate the visual voicemail service on a non-compatible phone.

Even with this showing the service won't work with any device other than an iPhone.

@Lee_H is looking into why this remains on the account after the unsuccessful activation and he will update the thread if he can find a solution.

Hope this clears things up.

Have a great evening. Smiley Happy

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello 

Dear @Lee_H I am still waiting for your finding regarding this matter please would you like to share any information regarding this matter.

Many Thanks 

TM

by

Hi @tahirmian,

We are still investigating why you can see the VVM product on your account when your phone isn't compatible.

@Lee_H will update this thread once it's resolved.

Thanks

James

by
EE Employee

Hi @tahirmian 

I have just sent you a Private Message to gain some details.

Many thanks,

Lee

by drewzh
Explorer

I'd be extremely interested in gaining access to Android based visual voicemail (for which my current OS fully supports, if supported by my carrier EE). Do you have any further information to how I may gain access or even test this feature on Android?

Many thanks,

Drew

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.