by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Upgrade time :)

Having joined EE in January on a SIM only plan, I have been really impressed with the service with my Note 4 (EX Vodafone)... 

But I have gone mad.... 

I have spoken to John in the upgrades and done a deal on a new S8+ 🙂 That should arrive tomorrow... 

Couple of questions... 

1. I presume that I can use Samsung Smartswitch to move all my stuff from my Note 4 to the S8+? if so what will this move?

2. Now, In January I had the 6 months free Apple Music which ended on the 11th July so I have now paid for the first month... John said I can now get it free for a further 6 months on the new handset... I will need to cancel the current one and start again maybe creating a new Apple ID... does that sound correct?

3. Like the Note 4 is the actual frame of the S8+ metal?

4. Can anyone confirm it works using the rSap (SIM Access profile) for Bluetooth. If not that may be the only reason I have to return it lol ,,John said it would 🙂 

5. I have seen on MyEE i now have 6 months Apple Music streaning on us.. how does that work?

Looking forward to getting the new handset 😉 

Stuart

12 REPLIES 12
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: Upgrade time :)

@stuarttunstall happy days... Love upgrade time 😁 smartswitch should move everything apps, contacts, photos etc.... Make sure you have everything backed up on your Google account then when you put in Google account details at start of set up of new device every thing backed up will download to new device.... You might not even need to use smartswitch. Good luck 🤞 

Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply... came just as I was amending my post lol 

I dont think I have ever set up Google to back stuff up... may be wrong after 3 years I cant remember lol 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@stuarttunstall you will need Google account email and password to set phone up.... Or set up a new account with Google, if you do set up new account you will need smartswitch to transfer everything. 

Right down you Google details because if you ever need hard reset or get locked out of phone you will need them. 

I got locked out for 7 days because of Google security incase phone was stolen.... That sucked 😕

Established Contributor

I did set up a Google accout but cant remember if I set it to back up... will find out tomorrow lol ... 

Any idea on the other questions 😉 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@stuarttunstall I can't help with other questions... I use s7 edge and that has metal bevel 

If you go into settings then accounts then Google there is option to back up account 👍

Established Contributor

Thank you... Will give that a try 🙂 

Hopefully someone will help with the other questions 🙂 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'm not sure the comment about Apple Music is correct. If you have used the offer before, you don't get another 6 months when you upgrade. You can get the 6 months free streaming though.

Established Contributor

That is what I was thinking, but I do have it on email from the chap that dealt with the upgrade... Will see what accounts have to say 🙂

It was partly that that swung the deal for me..

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stuarttunstall

Welcome back to community 🙂

So, I can try answer a couple of your other questions.

The S8+ has a metal frame.

As for the RSAP (SIM) access profile, see connect to bluetooth devices information on the device.

Apple Music you can only have once on the account free for 6 months.

If you previously had six free months of Apple Music with EE, or if you have an Apple Music subscription directly with Apple, you can still take advantage of six months of streaming data by texting ‘STREAM’ to 150.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by

Hi @stuarttunstall

Why not try Apple music free for 3 months here if you haven't done so already?

Either way you can still enjoy 6 months off free streaming with us.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

This is the email I recived..

Hi Stuart

Yes your apple music would restart again for 6 months free & I can waive the upfront cost of 69.99upfront if you go for the deal today. If I give you the handset FOC I would require a £6.98 charge for delivery of handset but I would rather pay that than the £69.99 upfront.

Tried calling you there but unable to reach you, I will call back at around 3pm or whenever your preference is.

John

I will speak to accounts.. I know about the free streaming, but the above is what made me say yes... So if I was misled then I may return the handset and carry on with my SIM Only plan.. Will see what they say

by

Hi @stuarttunstall

I'd definitely speak to customer services and they can look at this for you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.