by sounds Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unusual Traffic message when searching on Google whilst on Mobile 4g

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

Every night for the last three nights at some stage I have received the message at bottom of my post while on my HTC U11 Android phone. It's been at various times in the evening when searching for different things on Google Chrome whilst on the Orange 4g mobile network.

I have Malwarebytes and AVG Antivirus running on my phone and I have also run scans and found nothing.

I have not downloaded any apps recently.

I have read many articles on it and it's basically the same answers saying maybe  something malicious on the network or I may be using advanced terms that robots use.

On the occasion below all I entered on google was "Ophelia" trying to look up something regarding the hurricane.

Apparently Google don't answer individuals with problems such as this.

How can I get rid?

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

IP address: 2a01:4c8:42d:3aa0:d18a:9452:4d24:ad83
Time: 2017-10-16T09:09:04Z
URL: https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ms-android-htc&ei=2o_jWa66I4aAU5jHkBg&sjs=3&q=ophelia&oq=ophe...

Thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unusual Traffic message when searching on Google whilst on Mobile 4g

Hi @sounds

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Are you able to try another browser to see if this error still comes up?

It may be worth rebooting your device and/or force closing the Chrome app.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Chris

Valued Contributor

Hi Christopher,

I have force stopped Chrome and rebooted my phone , and it still shows the error.

Have just downloaded Dolphin browser to see how it goes and will let you know

Thanks for help

by

Thanks, @sounds.

Please keep me posted. 🙂

Chris

by kiddandy Investigator
Investigator

Hi this issue also started appearing yesterday on my phone (HTC One M10).

I have Lookout Premium running and haven't downloaded any new apps recently.

I have tried a factory reset but the problem continues. It seems occasional words or phrases trigger the "unusual traffic" message but not every search. I do not get the "captcha" option that is referred to on Googles help pages

If you go back to the home screen on Google Chrome and retype the word you get normal search results. Local EE shop and Tech Support at EE unable to help.

I have also downloaded Avast and Malwarebytes to check for malware they found nothing. Help !

Valued Contributor

So far so good with Dolphin however that does not solve the Google Chrome issue. 

Kiddandy is right you can go back and try again and it works but its so annoying and once again does not solve the issue.

by

Thanks @sounds and @kidandy.

It is definitely a Google error message as indicated by this Google support article.

There aren't any steps on there for when this appears on a mobile device though.

I suggest speaking to our technical support team so that they can investigate this.

Chris

Valued Contributor

Whilst I thank Christopher for his prompt replies. I do think that he should take the initiative and contact the Technical support Team as it seems I am not the only one suffereing.

I had a technical problem with another media supplier posted in the forums and they took ownership and solved the problem. I appreciate and this is not addressed at you individually Christoper as I am sure as you are told to refer people but its not left this customer satisfied as if you read the comments from Kiddandy he has already contacted Technical support and gone into an EE shop and they were not able to help him.

I do nknow its a Google error but in this case on the EE network

So until this gets sorted it will be a thumbs down from me to EE.

As already mentioned Google will not investigate from an individual perhaps this problem could be escalated via your corporate identity after all you must have teams  that are in contact with Google.?

by

Morning @sounds

I would love to be able to take more ownership of this for your both, but, I'm limited to what I can do as we do not have access to your account here on the community.

The reason why I have referred you both to technical support is because this is the type of issue that can be escalated through their levels (after running through a troubleshooting session with you).

I appreciate this isn't the response that you are looking for and @kiddandy has already spoken to them, but, that is the correct channel to raise a problem like this.

Chris

by kiddandy Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the advice however my last experience with the tech support at EE left me frustrated. I had to explain to the rep what Google chrome was, and that it came pre installed on the phone.

Valued Contributor

@kiddandy wrote:

Thanks for the advice however my last experience with the tech support at EE left me frustrated. I had to explain to the rep what Google chrome was, and that it came pre installed on the phone.

Hi kidkandy

So I assume that Technical support couldn't solve the problem?

So Christopher if that is the case what is the "correct procedure" after them?

by

Hi @sounds,

Do you still see this issue if you reboot your phone in safe mode?

Thanks

James

by kiddandy Investigator
Investigator

EE support was no help and I'm not sure what the escalation process is, the technician I spoke to was not able to offer further assistance and did not suggest any other route for finding a solution. I also visited Carphone Warehouse tech support, they were confident that it was a Google Chrome fault not Malware etc. It is extremely difficult for an individual to pursue this issue with Google however EE as the service provider is in a position to contact Google to investigate. PS Firefox is ok, Google app for android is ok but it is the Chrome app that has the error.

by

Hi @kiddandy,

Try rebooting in safe mode to rule out an installed app causing the issue.

Thanks

James

by kiddandy Investigator
Investigator

Safe mode disables the keyboard and only allows voice input when using the chrome app. I'm not able to sit in the office and voice search random words to try and repeat the error without sounding like I've lost my mind. I will try some over the weekend and report back.

by

Hi @kiddandy,

Safe mode will only disable any keyboards that didn't come pre-installed on the phone.

If you are using a different keyboard, you may need to activate the default keyboard in your settings.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Hi Just to be clear as it has been brought up in another of my posts, the Google issue disappeared last week from my phone.

Not sure how or why but its gone! Things have got back to normal.

What about you @kiddandy,?

by kiddandy Investigator
Investigator

I haven't had the issue for a few days, however I can't be sure it has been resolved as it was an intermittent problem and only came up occasionally. Fingers crossed that the issue has been fixed.

Thanks to respondents for taking an interest

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.