by
EE Community Support Team

Unpacked 2020: Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy S20, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G

Samsung has just unveiled their latest line-up of flagship smartphones at their annual Unpacked event.

The Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G are now available to pre-order on EE. Pre-order the S20+ 5G or S20 Ultra 5G by 8th March, you’ll can also claim free Galaxy Buds+ worth £169.

samsung_galaxy_s20_ultra_980x980 (1).jpg

What's new? Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Put simply, these are the best smartphones Samsung has ever released. They set new standards for smartphone photography, video recording, display technology and battery life.

The top-of-the-range Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G packs in an unbelievable 108MP wide lens camera alongside a 48MP telephoto lens and a 40MP front-facing camera. With these levels of pixel power, you can take the most detailed shots ever on your smartphone, crop and edit them on the 6.9-inch display and blow them up to showcase on your wall without losing any of that glorious detail. The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G also features a 100x Space Zoom, so you can focus in on the tiniest details from far, far away and make each of those details look epic.

Samsung S20 and S20+ 5G

The Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ 5G both feature 64MP telephotos lenses, as well as 12MP wide cameras and 10MP selfie cams. They also have a 30x zoom feature for getting close-up shots of your subject. All three phones are capable of recording video at an incredible 8K resolution and pulling out 33MP stills. All your video clips will look stunning when displayed on a compatible large-screen TV – including Full HD and 4K sets. The entire range also features Single Take, which lets you take one photo/video and then choose from 14 different ways to view the image after you’ve taken it, including wide-angle and Live Focus.

How does it perform?

Using these phones will feel smoother and slicker than ever before, because they each feature a 120Hz display. Put simply, this means scrolling through webpages on the Galaxy S20’s 6.2-inch Infinity-O display or the Galaxy S20+ 5G’s 6.7-inch one feels faster and more fluid, and hi-res games and apps look out of this world.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 phones are all available with 5G, so they’re perfect on the UK’s best 5G network. Alternatively, you can opt for a 4G-only Galaxy S20, which is also great on the UK’s best 4G network, with more coverage than anyone else.

Need some help deciding which Samsung Galaxy S20 to go for? We take a closer look >

Pre-order your Samsung Galaxy S20 now >

12 REPLIES 12
by Beany96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Unpacked 2020: Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy S20, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G

Can I ask why is release date for EE on the Friday 13th March when Virgin mobile and co is the 10th March delivery 

by Philter Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unpacked 2020: Samsung unveiled the new Galaxy S20, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G

Yeah, I noticed O2 are releasing them on the 10th of March if you preorder? Will EE be doing the same?

by

Hi @Beany96 and @Philter

The launch date is March 13th, but customers who pre-order before midnight on March 8th may receive their delivery up to three days early.

This is subject to the stock we receive from the manufacturer, and we will fulfil pre-orders on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Chris

by Gomrathb Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Any news on the Z Flip? 
also will EE be offering the Thom Browne edition? I doubt it but worth a punt. Lol. 

by

Hi @Gomrathb

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will launch tomorrow. We'll have more information for you then. 🙂

Chris

by Philter Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Christopher_G. I put a preorder in for the S20+ yesterday, just got to wait now!

by Philter Investigator
Investigator

I've got another question. Will the EE versions of the S20 range (specifically the S20+) be dual sim and will they support eSim?

by

Hello @Philter 

Thanks for coming back to us.

The Samsung Galaxy S20 range will have a hybrid SIM slot, which lets you either install one SIM and one MicroSD memory card, or two separate SIM cards.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

by siliconglen Contributor
Contributor

Disappointingly no 3.5mm jack socket. Those who want wireless are able to use blue tooth irrespective of a 3.5mm socket, however those of us who don't want to

1) Buy new headsets

2) Have a new headset which runs out of charge

3) Have a new headset with the unnecessary environmental impact of a rechargeable battery 

4) Have a headset with the extra weight involving said battery

5) Have a headset which necessitates carrying a charger

Would VERY MUCH LIKE to carry on using existing headsets that never run out of charge and can be used for years without having to be plugged in regularly

Why don't phone manufacturers get this?

by Wayne1988 Contributor
Contributor

I pre ordered the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 512GB.  Roll on release day

by Revan8653

Hi, 

I pre ordered the s20+ today. I am going for the contract option where I trade in my old S9. However I now realise I didn't actually sign anything in store. And I cant see anything on my account about it at all. I know they said I will be on my old contract until it comes out, but I was expecting to see something on my account about it? All I can see is information that I am still due to upgrade.

by

Hi @Revan8653,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Don't worry, that's totally normal. You won't see any changes on your account until your new phone arrives.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.