by Alex_uk Investigator
Investigator

Unlock Code For Galaxy S7 Edge not working

Hello,

I'm trying to network unlock my S7 edge, so I got the code from EE and it did not work! I've followed every step in the instruction but unsuccessful, it's just not taking the code. I also bought a code from ebay and the code I got from Ebay is the same as from EE......(expectable as they all come from the same Samsung database)

EE is responsible for network locking their phones, so it's also their responsibility to unlock it upon customer request! Hopefully EE can solve this, as I'm really unhappy to be in the situation where I'm paying £50+ a month for two years, plus the upfront cost for the handset and it's useless unless it has a EE sim card in it.....

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Unlock Code For Galaxy S7 Edge not working

Hi @Alex_uk and welcome to the Community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you have spoken to the unlocking team yet to query the issue with the code?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Alex_uk Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, I've contacted the  unlocking team and this what I got back from them : 

"""""

Hi Can you check the IMEI number if this is incorrect the codes will also be incorrect.

Also please make sure you are using an 02 or Vodafone or 3 network SIM card to process the unlock.

Lastly please make sure you have switched device off then switch on with the other network SIM card in the handset enter the freeze code firstly 72839160   then enter the unlock code 62862418  immediately after this should unlock the device.

If this still does not resolve, the device may have to be checked by Samsung as the codes issueed from Samsung are correct for the IMEI supplied.

Many thanks

Kevin

EMT   """""

I've replyed to this massage but haven't got the answer yet.... 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Alex_uk

Unlocking process using a different network SIM card

Insert a different network SIM card and switch on ( 02 or Vodafone works best)

The handset should display: ‘Network lock’ or ‘Enter password’

Enter in:  unlock code

Press OK

Your device should now be successfully unlocked. If not, please continue the process below.

If your device shows “Network Unlock unsuccessful”, please switch it off and on, then enter in freeze code.

This may show nothing on the screen when entering, or give a similar error message.

Once that has been entered please then input unlock code once more.

If that does not work, please Private Message me the IMEI number so I can investigate further.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_uk wrote:

to be in the situation where I'm paying £50+ a month for two years

How long have you been in this 2 year contract? EE won't unlock it in the 1st 6 months, as they own it for that period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Alex_uk Investigator
Investigator

It's been about 8 months now 😞 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.