by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Ok so I’m still somewhat doubtful but my tracker has shifted to dispatched. 

by MrChaz Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to someone at EE and they said some models and sizes are more delayed than others. I think the black 3xl 128gb is the most popular then in Just white.

I checked the google store and 128gb dispatches on 19th nov currently but I assume thats because of the backlog of orders.

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@marcaevans - mine has done the same "Dispatch expected in 24 hours"

But with the text last night and speaking to EE and being told "28 days from date of order" - which is what the website says now for black XL 128gb... I am very doubtful. Though I just rechecked and the "delayed" text seems generic, as the link for order tracking is generic, apposed to all others (including the one at 11am yesterday saying it was on track) is unique as the URL is direct to my order.

by Fleurbe Investigator
Investigator

I haven't received a text yet but my order has changed to dispatch within 24 hours, could it really happen?!! As someone said before I'd quite like a Google Home Mini, if you fancy giving me a gift EE!!

Never had a problem with EE before, feeling quite let down!

Let's hope my phone arrives tomorrow!!

Established Contributor

So same here. I’m yet to receive any text message other than the coming soon one yesterday. It still says 08 - 09 Nov and has switched to dispatch within 24 hours. 

Lets put it this way EE. In my book this would be considered late communication if I’m told at any point from now onwards that the phone is delayed. We are in the 24 hour window you stated on the tracker. I will go Ape**bleep** if I don’t get the phone in the next 48hrs. 

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Some of the demands for gifts/money in here are just embarassing, they are embarassing to the point that any more nonsensical posts might end up here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/

You have been warned.

Established Contributor

Those who have gone to Carphone Warehouse and stuck with EE is this deal for real? £63 per month 50GB data and no upfront cost. If it is and the delay continues I may choose this option because they seem to be promising next day delivery for the 128GB Just Black XL

Established Contributor

@uvarvu wrote:

Some of the demands for gifts/money in here are just embarassing, they are embarassing to the point that any more nonsensical posts might end up here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/

You have been warned.

I assume that most of the "demands" (mine included) are tounge in cheek. I mean, the farce that this situation is: broken promises, late communication, misleading and conflicting information people will feel aggrieved and want to vent.

Some of them are not outlandish as you imply with the part of "some of the demands". If other carriers (who have stock apparently) are offering it, and EE want to retain their custom, requesting them to match it as compensation isn't that far out there.

It isn't as if people are asking for the device outright with no contract. I do think the £50 EE credit offer is fair, just the timing of it is poor. EE would of known before the 31st October that there was a delay. If the text is true (my tracking information conflicts it) the they gave 48hrs notice this time.

Finally - what do you think is fair? Or are you just searching for aggrieved posts to troll onto Reddit?

Established Contributor

@marcaevans wrote:

Those who have gone to Carphone Warehouse and stuck with EE is this deal for real? £63 per month 50GB data and no upfront cost. If it is and the delay continues I may choose this option because they seem to be promising next day delivery for the 128GB Just Black XL

I've just looked and it looks genuine, and checking local stock, they have some in stores near me.

Different combos (pixel 3 v pixel 3 XL, colour, storage) seem to have different stock levels at both stores and online distribution, with some being completely out of stock until 13th.

Established Contributor

cheers. I'm going to hold out a little longer as I've had no text message that others seem to have recieved last night and my tracker still states today/tomorrow with dispatch expected in 24hrs.  I'l wait and see what they are doing and if it goes up in smoke again I'l reach out to carphone warehouse early next week.

by jamosaur
Explorer

Just had an email/DPD confirmation that my order is coming tomorrow!

Established Contributor

@jamosaur wrote:

Just had an email/DPD confirmation that my order is coming tomorrow!

Awesome news...

Can you confirm device and when you placed the order?

Established Contributor

Maybe they do have a few ready to go then. I'm checking my tracker that much I now have to complete a captcha to access it. Hoping that it will change to dispatched at some point today, currently on dispatched within 24hrs.

by jamosaur
Explorer

64GB Pixel 3 "Not Pink", ordered the day after announcement Smiley LOL

by Fleurbe Investigator
Investigator

Just booked my delivery slot for tomorrow!! Here's hoping!! 😀

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I think that any compensation should be at the discretion of EE - don't you think they'll be annoyed as well?  A part of their customer base has been let down by Google messing up deliveries and QA yet again.  It's the same every year with Pixels, Google simply can't cope with demand in the same way that companies such as Apple and Samsung can and their QA can be pretty shocking.  EE now have to deal with the fallout by sorting out the logistics and keeping customers happy. 

I doubt that any of the comments are tongue in cheek tbh, it's just customers trying their luck.   Beggars can't be choosers Smiley Wink

Established Contributor

Oh I can't speak for the people as such, I do know mine was, and yeah maybe people are trying their luck, can't hurt.

I do agree EE should be on the complaints train to Google, but the bigger question seems to be... Why only EE? It seems if you pre ordered any combo of pixel 3 on any other network, you got it on day 1. With most available up to today.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just had txt from EE saying order p3 64gb black will be despatched soon. Checked tracker still says delivery 8th-9th but status has changed to dispatch within 24hrs. Jackpot!!!!

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

Beggars can't be choosers 

I mean we could choose O2 or Carphone Warehouse so that isn't exactly true.

I've just had a text from EE that my order is coming soon.  No idea how soon but my order page is still saying 'Dispatch expected in 24 hours'.

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

Don't get too excited.  The "Ships within 24 hours" status ios more than likely just another automated stage in the order tracker website.  The text last night said that the site would be updated "tomorrow", i.e. today, to reflect the actual position.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, and I hope you do actually get your phones.  I just wouldn't pin hopes on it.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.