by
EE Community Support Team

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Hi @marcaevans,

Yes, your order tracker will update automatically based on the latest stock information.

We'll also send you a text message with tracking information as soon as your phone is dispatched.

Thanks for your patience.

James

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just laughed at the EE ad.

"So they got it before you.." 

"Who cares, you got it on EE" 

:-) Wonder if they knew they would have supply issues for the big phones.

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just had the first text message from EE since my pre-order confirmation that read "Good news, your order is coming soon" date remains the same on the tracker, not shifted to dispatched yet though.

Established Contributor

@James_B Hi James, sorry another question not particularly about the phone this time.

On my last upgrade I took up the offer for the Apple Music 6 month free trial. Will I be able to do the same with this upgrade or is it just a one-time thing. Same with BT Sport will I be able to get the free trial again with this new contract?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @marcaevans,

You can only have the free trials once.

However, you’re entitled to six months of streaming data for Apple Music, on us if you haven't taken it up already. Just text STREAM to 150.

Thanks

James

by PF10 Investigator
Investigator

Just recieved a text from dpd saying my Pixel 3 XL 64GB Clearly White is going to be delivered tomorrow.

No change on EE tracking though, still on 'order confirmed' and not 'dispatch expected in 24 hours'

by Hip_Hop_Rob Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@PF10 wrote:

Just recieved a text from dpd saying my Pixel 3 XL 64GB Clearly White is going to be delivered tomorrow.

No change on EE tracking though, still on 'order confirmed' and not 'dispatch expected in 24 hours'

READ ALL ABOUT IT

Excellent real news!!!  Just had further confirmation again that currently EE have no stocks of Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 xl and in fact have not had any Pixel stock in stores/warehouses/depots ever!!!

Further confirmation was reaffirmed again that no pixel 3(xl)handset(s) have ever been despatched to users since lauch day. (That clears the "first come, first served" standard response to keep the masses happy.)

Thirdly all standard text messages being received (My latest one @ 11:00 this morning stating  "your order is coming soon"   or "Order confirmed"   "Expected delivery date:  08 Nov2018-09 Nov 2018 "  are meaningless as there is no indication from the supplier to EE of when stock of pixels will ever be delivered. so it is a random generated text that the advisor could not relate to as to why it had been sent with no stock levels

The only certainty that is available currently is that " up to 28 days"  is the standard mantra that all enquiries regarding delivery are to be met with, as there are no current stock levels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  So is my black Pixel 3 xl 128 gb pre launch ordered 12/10/18 for launch day than delayed and given 8 or 9 Nov, expected in reality????............Nope as there is no stock in the company, anywhere.....

So this is the real news not fake news being peddled by some EE customer advisors on these threads, or meaningless text messages to keep "upgraders" in the dark and to deter from jumping carrier.  Standrd responses from EE advisors on these threads that do know  better but peddle fake news  to calm the sheep down why they wait for their management to figure how to stop a bad egg from smelling ever worse, is unforgiveable and should stop.   

All the above is  fact derived directly from EE today 7/11/18

Established Contributor

So I'm sitting here waiting for the text/notification that will read "There's been another delay to your order" I wonder when that will come...

Yeah despite having the text message this morning "good news your order is coming soon" my hope of that actually being true is currently <10% 

I predicted on Monday that the delay message would arrive at around 8pm tonight, let's see if I'm right.

Edit: Let's put it this way. I am going to be truly amazed if EE manage to hand me my device within the next two days.

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

And the text has arrived....

Hi from EE. We're very sorry to say that due to a further manufacturer delay, your Google Pixel 3 will not be with you by 9 November. We're working with Google to get your new device to you as soon as possible but we don't have a confirmed delivery date yet. From tomorrow this will be reflected on the online order tracker, which you can access at (URL Removed) and we'll update you as soon as we know more. To apologise for the delay we'll also add a £50 credit to your EE account as soon as your Google Pixel 3 has been dispatched.

Established Contributor

To note, this i am waiting on 128GB XL in black.

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

XL just Black, 64gb and I just got the same text. 

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

I can't say I'm surprised, but I just had a text letting me know that I won't be getting my phone this week as promised, following the delay from last week.  Bye, EE. You pushed your luck too far on this one.

Established Contributor

Just called 150. The woman on the phone was totally u ware of any issues with the pixel XL 3... So biting my tounge, I told her the situation. Told her the let down at being promised day of release (I ordered on the 18th as my order got "stuck" when placed on announcement day and spotted I could still do an upgrade on the app so called 150 then) and it wasn't acceptable.

She asked if she could put me on hold while speaking to her manager. 10 lifetimes later, she came back and said it looks like the wait time is 28 days from date of order...

I told her that was unacceptable and why do only EE have this issue - she was good and said she didn't have a reason to give. (prefer that to a lie) I then said I will go and assess my options in the morning.

28days?????? That's next Thursday... 15 days after release day. I will genuinely go and see what else is out there.

@Katie_B - do you (,or any other EE rep on here) have anything to say? You have been very quiet despite people tagging you in posts.

by garymccorkell Investigator
Investigator

Standard 3 (not XL) 64gb White for me... same text. 

Goodbye EE.

by sifoulkes Investigator
Investigator

Just had the same text message, I cannot believe they havent picked the phone up to the affected customers. Its a real joke .

Mine is a 128gb Black XL too

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm beginning to wonder if these phones really exist not having physically seen one. After all the Google hype about how good they are they must be really difficult to produce, Google failed to mention that they are churning them out at a rate of 1 a week what a showing up for a company like Google. I phone must be having a good laugh at the promised Google hi tech launch 

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@ray_ingles If everyone is having the same issue in the UK, which they are, then the only phone you could have seen is the standard Pixel 3 64Gb, which does seem to be in stock over at Carphone Warehouse.

Otherwise, I doubt every tech YouTuber on the planet has lied about their Pixel3XL.

Americans and influencers already have theirs, but ours are delayed.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I also got the same text tonight. I think its only fair that EE do the following:

• Refund people's initial deposit for those that pre-ordered.
  • Instead of £50 credit they should cover the whole bill for that month. I've seen people claim they got 2 months free line rental due to the delays..they offered me £10 which is unacceptable. 
  • Whatever date people pre-ordered, should still be our upgrade date for the future. When these delays occur it pushes out upgrade dates back and its not fair at all. Mine went from October to December when this happened with the Iphone 7+. 

I totally understand demand can be high and I don't know the ins and outs but its really not great for customer whether new or old to be told the same thing and that everything is on time...even though its actually not correct. Honesty is all we really want in this situation...not automated answers that tell us the same issue we're already aware of and ignores the main question we asked.

I doubt anyone at EE would be happy if this occured with any other company that they ordered from....

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Profile closed

You could pre-pay anywhere from £20 to £200 for the handset, so I expect people (knowing the internet) would complain and cause a storm that X got a £200 refund while Y only got a £20 refund.

Same thing goes for covering the whole bill.

I only have an EE mobile phone contract for a small amount of money a month. Again, someone's bill may be £200 p/m because they have TV, Phone, Mobile Phone and Mobile broadband and etc contracts, whereas another's bill could be a simple £15 for a low-tier, cheap monthly calls & minutes bundle.

It would be rather unfair that someone get £200 from EE and someone else gets £15.

I think giving everyone a £50 credit was the best thing they could do to save an uproar.

I do completely agree on the update thing though. My update date should not change simply because of misfortune.

Your last point doesn't really make sense as 90% of EE's employees are just like us. Doing a job to earn money and be able to live. If they pre-ordered the Pixel 3XL from EE, they will still be experiencing the delays; only difference is that they may have company discount on handset cost and monthly bill cost.

by JakeRA
Visitor

Really EE? Delayed AGAIN and we get a bit of credit. I'm currently without a phone and using my girlfriends because my old one is broken - ordered my Pixel 3 XL Just Black on the 9th October just after the announcement. I should have been one of the first people to get it. People are going into Carphone Warehouse and Three and getting the phone I preordered almost a month ago on the same day as they ordered it. Completely out of order. Been a loyal EE customer for 3 years. £50 credit is not good enough.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.