by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Google’s third attempt at a Pixel phone is its most successful yet. The Google Pixel 3 is an excellent device with a nice display, truly stunning camera and the best version of the Android software.

Thanks for letting us know what we're missing out on!

I cant even complain about it as the EE site has gone down 

I can't beleive they've taken the complaints page down. It was up a few days ago as I made a complaint through it.

Such poor communication from 'the UK's biggest and fastest network.'

by wonderman Investigator
Investigator

No sir @Bellyman, I've used both devices and I am a Tech youtuber so I know little about them too. You think It's a strange its okay It's your opinion I can't do anything.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Great we can help you learn more and you can use your youtuber status to spread the word of the poor communication from EE and their slow testing process which impacts all Android users. This is a win win isn't it. Look forward to checking your tube out

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Bones101 the pixels are not true android experience. The only way you get this is with Android One devices. The pixels have their own modifications on some applications but they as close to android as possible unlike other devices. 

Also no carrier is allowed to modify the Pixel Software or Firmware. Carrier settings are built into the devices already and the relevant setting gs are activated by sending a usim code to the phone. 

by Becky31 Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick update guys.

I cancelled my order directly through EE and after going on to EE Customer Service they finally cancelled it after 2 days. 

I then contacted Carphone Warehouse and ordered my phone and it will be with me tomorrow with no delays etc.

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

But what phone did you go for?   Small white pixels seem to have a long lead time everywhere.

by Becky31 Contributor
Contributor

I went for the pixel 3 XL black 64GB.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Can I confirm that you definitely have the pixel 3 in stock? When i check your site it says delivered in 1 day @leanne_T @Katie_B

IMG_20181106_182936.jpg

Is it only the 3XL that is delayed? I know orders are an estimate but some clarity would be great in this situation as many of us are getting too many different answers from EE Staff online + 150 staff and i'm sure just like anyone else if it was any other company delivering furniture or a car for example, you'd want a good idea of when you can expect it.

Many of us appreciate that this isn't ideal and you guys get the brunt of it as your customer facing, so we appreciate any advice you can give

by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So I've just had the first update show up in quite a few days. It's changed to "your order is on track" with the date still the same 08/09 Nov

by ollyw Investigator
Investigator

Mine now says "Great news. Your order is almost ready"

I wonder if it is

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I just spoke to 150 and they said the pixel 3 is within 1 day but if you order now you"ll be at the back but could receive your device within a day apparently.

In regards to the pixel 3XL's if you pre-ordered from the 9th/10th you should receive it in the next 14 days from Today.

We shall see though. 

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I thought the small ones would be far more popular due to that hideous notch on the XL.

Established Contributor

As in pre-ordering from 9th/10th?

Hopefully the date on the tracker will stick for me now. 

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully the dates will stick, but it really does look like the updates in the order tracker are system generated based on the estimated dates.  Changes this week look identical to those this time last week, so....

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ordered my clearly white 128gb 3xl 2 days after announcement.

My order shows 19th-24th November. And has been "on track" for almost 2 weeks with no updates in almost a week.

Thinking of cancelling and just going ham and buying it out-right on Google store.

Fed up with this ridiculous waiting.

by woozor1 Investigator
Investigator

I walked in a carphone warehouse today and they had pixel 3 xls available in there.

This is a complete joke by EE.

Useless.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

However unlikely it may seem it's begining be look more and more like EE are unable to pay Google for these phones and their credit has been stopped.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yeah as in pre-orders from those dates. Hopefully its accurate. The advisor told me that even when people pre-order, so many may be coming in that although it says we can get our phones on launch day its not always accurate and doesn't get updated properly till they get their units.

I still think they could do better like release a press release or something rather than send the same automated message and an email to customers @marcaevans @MarcJ

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

Yes, the delivery guidance in the online shop is based on the latest stock information.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

@James_B Hi James, is the information on the tracker accurate now? Mine is still telling me tomorrow or friday and has changed to order on track. Is there a chance I will recieve the phone this week?

Im waiting on a Pixel 3 XL Just Black 128GB

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.