by marcaevans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

Mine is still showing as 08 - 09 November. I'm somehow not holding out much hope. I'm expecting a text message or update at 8/9pm on Wednesday to say its delayed again. It really wouldnt surprise me now to recieve another extremely late update from EE.

by Bones101 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Bellyman only problem with what you mention is the pixel comes with stock android so it has no modifications and no bloatware. EE literally send them out as they come from google. 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I suspect there are changes to Pixel software as well.  I've been told each device needs EE firmware so it works with EE multimast network as well as other changes.  So while they're stock they are EE firmwares.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

All of this is irrelevant a launch day was set both Google and EE had weeks of notice about pre orders. Any modifications should have been completed pre launch. Who runs these companies they set the day they knew how many pre orders they had, its no excuse to say software needed changing after deadlines have past. It's clearly been miss managed on the part of both companies I wonder if anyone will be held accountable.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ps I've just had a txt saying my bill is ready to view. EE collections is clearly very efficient when I was pre ordering the upfront charge was debited from my account before I put the phone down. It shows where EE put their best staff it certainly isn't in dispatching.

Established Contributor

Katie B: Can you change the name of this topic to "The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed, but you can't have one because we've screwed everything up"

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

FTFY:

Katie B: Can you change the name of this topic to "The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed, but you can't have one because Google screwed everything up"

Established Contributor

I'm a little skeptical about this being entirely Google's fault. Why have Vodafone, O2  and even Three managed to get plenty of stock but EE were not able to fulfil any orders on day one? The lack of communication makes it worse.  

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

I have a date of 8th-9th November for delivery.  I'm going to be contacting EE by phone today to request a PAC code and will be leaving for Three if the device doesn't arrive by then.

Yes, I'm petty, and yes it *is* just a handset, but as a long time customer of T-Mobile and then EE, I feel aggreived that there is no information available about the delay.  It's been said that the delays are caused by Google - that may be so, but my contract is with EE so they are responsible for effectively communicating the situation.

Valued Contributor

@MarcJ i would not say its petty at all at the end of the day along with many others when your told you will receive your handset on the day you plan on getting that day.

People took days off work to be home for there delivery and due to EE's greed for taking more pre-orders than they can handle and the poor communication with customers people have been let down, when there is no information being shared with there customers they dont really leave people with much choice but to look at alternative routes.

by MarcJ Contributor
Contributor

@Bones101 I have just got off the phone with disconnections, and have actually been given some information from them.  Apparently EE are now holding up their hands to say the issue *is* with them and relates to adding their software to the phone.  This is now resolved (according to one representative in the call centre) and phones are due to ship very soon.  Whether that happens or not, and quite what the software they feel the need to add (hopefully just MyEE) reamins to be seen.  Maybe @Katie_B can add some context to the software questions...

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Bones101 @MarcJ Totally agree with both of you. I ended up emailing Marc Allera and I just received a response saying my experience has been passed onto the executive team so we'll see what happens.

I've been with EE for years and there's always an issue with upgrades or something else. 

by Xander89
Explorer

@Xander89 wrote:

I appear to be one of the 'lucky' ones, as following the delay Thursday I got the email this morning to say one of the small number of handsets you mention should have arrived today however I am having issues with DPD delivery.

Checking the delivery tracking only now shows me this;

03 Nov 2018 11:20DPD CustomerReturn to consignor has been requested
03 Nov 2018 11:18SouthallYour parcel was refused
03 Nov 2018 09:03SouthallYour parcel will be with you today

I have been home all morning waiting for the phone to arrive after receving the email to say it would be delivered today but it never arrived and no one has contacted me, rung or hit the door bell.

I contacted DPD to see it was refused and is marked to be sent back to EE. I have called their customer service only to be told by them that I must speak to EE to arrange it to be redelivered however EE keep saying that its DPD that must delivery it and no one at EE will speak to me about delivery. So I am being given the run around by both companies.

I already wasted a day off work on Thursday waiting for it beause of the poor communication from EE on the issue of delays with zero email updates and now I have wasted my saturday because their chosen delivery service apparently cant delivery items correctly.

Can anyone at least tell me correctly who I need to talk to about having the phone correctly delivered. The address is correct and I have been home. Not attempts to deliver it have been made.

An update to my issue;

I got a call from EE following my post on Saturday to try help resolve my delivery woes however now that I 'missed' my delivery and the order is marked as 'refused' all EE can do is put in a complaint their side to DPD which I sure will get no where and gets me nothing.

Furthermore as its now marked as 'refused' my preorder is now apparently invalidated and I must now reorder my phone and upgrade all over again!

Not only does this put me back at the end of the queue of those waiting on handsets (which from what they told me on the phone was going to be a wait of at least another 7 days) I also had to go back and find all my old order infomation to ensure they could still apply all the promo upgrade deals I had on the orginal as apparently they dont keep any of this information on file.

This whole saga has not exactly made me impressed with EE or their customer service. While many of been 'understanding' when I spoke on the phone to them it still baffles me how terrible this whole process is and that out of it all I I have gotten is masked apologies and plent of wasted time and effort. Definitely making me rethink my choice in providor!

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Katie_B - is there an official plan for compensation from EE for all those that were verbally promised delivery on the 1st November via upgrade teams or new contract teams?

Notification of failure of delivery the day before isnt quite good enough IMO. As people have stated, people will have booked annual leave or made arrangements for someone to be in when DPD were supposed to be delivered.

To add to the problem, if I was to go and leave EE right now and join vodaphone, I would receive a Google home hub (I am waiting on a pixel XL) - I have provided the link earlier in the thread. - that's with very little research.

IMO - you need to match the Vodafone deal at the very least.

Established Contributor

I doubt they will match vodafone. I'd happily welcome another Google Home Mini though.

As I say, I'm still being told 08-09 Nov so this Thursday/Friday by the tracker.

Capture.PNG

by JorjLim Contributor
Contributor

@MarcJ wrote:

@Bones101 I have just got off the phone with disconnections, and have actually been given some information from them.  Apparently EE are now holding up their hands to say the issue *is* with them and relates to adding their software to the phone.  This is now resolved (according to one representative in the call centre) and phones are due to ship very soon.  Whether that happens or not, and quite what the software they feel the need to add (hopefully just MyEE) reamins to be seen.  Maybe @Katie_B can add some context to the software questions...

WHAT SOFTWARE?!?!! The whole reason I go Pixel is the lack of carrier 'software'. There better not be software. I even asked in these forums, and was told there'd be no software. 

by sifoulkes Investigator
Investigator

I have just been on the Pixel 3 loop too. Online Chat were stating that it was blocked due to Safety Precautions. I have literally been on the phone to EE for 35minutes to be told that as far as they are aware the 8th or 9th still stands and to await an update. They even were super helpful and spoke to deliveries team. They then openly admitted it was a lack of stock as many people have said previsouly.

I cant fault the people trying to help on the phone, its just poor that a communications company has poorly coomunicated what is going on following a major product launch. I have very little faith it will be delivered on the 8/9th and its dissapointing nobody can tell me when ! 

I know I can walk in to CarPhoneWarehouse and get one today.

I cant even complain about it as the EE site has gone down 

https://ee.co.uk/content/ee-web/en_GB/help/help-new/make-a-complaint.html

Valued Contributor

@JorjLim that was what i was saying there is no bloatware.

After a discussion with a nice lady at EE who called this afternoon i think i understand where the confusion of software is coming from.

EE have to put there carrier settings on so it works with the network.

The pixel is designed as a pure android experience neither my pixel or pixel 2 had any of the usual crap on it.

by wonderman Investigator
Investigator

Google’s third attempt at a Pixel phone is its most successful yet. The Google Pixel 3 is an excellent device with a nice display, truly stunning camera and the best version of the Android software.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @wonderman thats the strangest post i've seen. Its like its been copied from some marketing blurred and pasted to this thread.  You've also done the same on the Mate 20 Pro thread.  Do you own both these devices and really felt the need to copy this info here.

Or are search results finding these threads and they needed some positive spin in them?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.