by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

@Katie_B so is the delivery date quoted by my order tracking accurate? As your comment implies that there is a staggered release of phones on a first come first served basis, but to my knowledge everyone who was originally promised release day ownership has now got this date, not a string of differing dates.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Warren17c

I would recommend going from the order tracker. If there is any delays we will aim to update this first. 

Thanks, 

Katie

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Katie_B I never received an order number and I never received a confirmation email when I pre-ordered my Pixel 3 XL over the phone? Please could you advise

by

Hi @Profile closed. 

This should be on your confirmation email beginning in 000.

If you don't have this you can always speak with our customer service team who will be happy to provide this :).

Katie

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi @Katie_B unfortunately i never received a confirmation email and the customer service team told me they can't give this to me. I'm not quite sure what else I should do

by

@Profile closed If our customer service department can't provide the confirmation email, they will still be able to provide you your order number. 

Thanks, Katie 🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

well it seems Google themselves do not know what is going on

I've just rung them as according to their website you can order the devices (64gb) as they are classed it stock, while 128gb versions are dispatching on the 12 November.

But according to Google even if order now you get put in the queue for delivery so may not get it straight away and could get the same delays, as they are saying it is down to the courier when the orders are showing as dispatching not them.

All in all, it looks like Google have screwed up again and left everyone hanging, blaming the number of pre-orders and the couriers instead of themselves

by Bones101 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There seems to be a whole heep of different stories, everyone from customer services to the upgrades team and even in store.

So i pre-ordered on the 12th after recieving a early upgrade offer, had no confirmation sent to me so on the 31st i called around 4pm and was reassured that it would be there the following day.

The wife took the day off as i could not and sat in all day waiting, i came home from work and still nothing so i called customer services.

The 1st rep told me that it was an open order and was just waiting for dispatch, i called again a while later as still not had a dispatch text and was told there was an update late on the 31st that they received no stock from Google.

I called again on the 2nd for an update and was transferred to someone in the upgrades team, this guy told me that there was a system glitch and all of the pre-orders was stuck as an open order, he went on to advise me that the best thing to do was cancel and reorder that way it would be there within 7days.

I was offered the same plan £10pm cheaper the handset would cost £220 but they would waive £200 and delivery fee and i would also recieve a refund of my original payment, after a few mins of talking to his manager he came back and told me this deal could not be done as my handset was sitting in the warehouse waiting dispatch so it meant waiting for that handset sending it back and reordering, needless to say we didn't go ahead.

I called on the 3rd and all hell broke loose, turns out while im sitting here patiently waiting like many others my order has been cancelled and a refund issued, i feel a bit bad and i did apologize to the lady but my anger got the better of me and i blew up.

The lady went off to talk to the upgrades team to find out what happened and in the meantime i called a few EE stores, a new story had now been told that google only fulfilled half of there stock order and anything other than the white xl 128gb had a 6 week waiting time, the white xl is there best seller so thats the bulk of thete stock but still has a 3 week wait.

There upgrades manager had now been put on the line and explained to me that the rep left no record of the deal he offered he also did not ask his manager about said deal as this is the manager i am was currently talking to.

They chose to offer me this deal as an apology but can not place my order back in line with where it was so if its 1st come 1st serve i am now stuck with a new pre-order so late on, i will not expecting to see my handset until the new year.

My whole ordeal has left me disappointed with the service at EE and although i have a new order placed i will be shopping around for a better deal in the meantime, there is no clear reason as to why EE are the only provider with stock issues and they seem to have no problem feeding customers all sorts of stories instead of 1 story thats true.

I hope everyone recieves there handset soon and all this can be done with but EE has some making up to do with there customers.

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Katie_B can you confirm the statement above?

That if you haven't ordered a white XL 128gb you are on an even longer wait?

Valued Contributor

@Warren17c wrote:

@Katie_B can you confirm the statement above?

That if you haven't ordered a white XL 128gb you are on an even longer wait?

I would also like to know if the information i received is true or just another line ive been fed, just to add this was told to me by a member of staff in the Bluewater store.

by

Good Afternoon @Bones101.

I am sorry to hear this has happened.

I have sent you a private message for some further information.

Please take a look and get back to me when you can.

Speak soon, Katie 🙂 

by

Good Afternoon @Warren17c

I am not aware of longer timescales. 

We received fewer handsets from the manufacturer than we expected for launch.

We are fulfilling pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and hope to have the handset for you soon so you can experience it on the UK's biggest and fastest network. 

Thanks, 

Katie. 

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am fed up with this fiasco, the lady I spoke to in upgrades yesterday didn't seem aware that there was a problem. She couldn't understand why there was no despatch date on my order and spoke to her supervisor who advised I wait a week. My contract ends before then and if no phone is forthcoming I will be cancelling my order and after over 25 years (was transferred from orange) will be moving to another provider.

by Becky31 Contributor
Contributor

@Katie_B

My estimated time of arrival is the 8-9th of november, can you confirm if this is correct or just another false statement off EE once again because let me reassure you if it is i will also be leaving EE, i’m done with waiting after different promises from different people!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

My situation was very similar @Bones101 as i've heard so many different stories and also never received a confirmation email after ordering on the 10th October. This weekend I noticed on social media that a few people received their orders.

I messaged live chat today as instructed by @Katie_B and I think I finally have some clarity. EE were supplied with orders but a lot less than expected. Apparently this is also due to technical issues that surprisingly have only affected EE, so Google apparently have delayed all orders.

After being told so many different things, i was informed that although I was due to expect my order between 7th-9th (Pixel 3XL 128GB black) this has now been pushed back to 15-20th nov. I was eligible to upgrade from 10th October which now means i've lost over a month on future upgrade dates which is disappointing. I'm hoping my further delay is just generic info and I receive it this week but if not I may have to leave EE after so many years as every upgrade I am having serious issues.

Valued Contributor

@Profile closed i totally agree with your decision to look at alternative providers, although EE reduced my monthly bill for canceling my pre order i still do not think this is enough, my wife has lost a days holiday for nothing, my pre order position has been pushed back drastically due to the cancellation and re ordering and theres still no information for any customers as to when they can expect to see there devices.

I believe everyone who has been let down is due something in return for the mess, but i may be taking my business elsewhere if another provider will either match or at least come close to matching what i originally ordered.

by kevsess Contributor
Contributor

I believe everyone who has been let down is due something in return for the mess, but i may be taking my business elsewhere if another provider will either match or at least come close to matching what i originally ordered.

I'd be happy with a free wireless dock!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Why did Google give the UK's biggest and fastest network less devices than they expected?  That seems a strange thing to do. 

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's the million dollar question.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Would be good to have the correct information from EE but I suspect they have a set amount of devices per region. These need to be divided up among carriers but in the terms of a paid contract. The carriers who ask for little to no changes in the software on those devices get them in a timely manner and quickly request more. EE ask for a lot of software changes and this takes time so causes delays from the start. The first batch is then slow to roll out and then they request more and bang they're all gone..

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.