by Becky31 Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL have landed

I don’t think EE know their selves.

They are probably saying next week when really they mean 14-20 days!!

by JorjLim Contributor
Contributor

@Becky31 wrote:

I don’t think EE know their selves.

They are probably saying next week when really they mean 14-20 days!!

Looking at the 'order page', the White and Not Pink are showing '3 weeks', but the Black (both sizes) is saying 7 days.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I wonder if the delay is due to the fact the software on then could be EE adjusted and needs checking and changing 

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

According to Reddit and XDA a load of stock destined for EE has been recalled by Google - not sure what all that's about.

by ray_ingles Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's noticeable that ee reps have stopped communicating on these pages. To stop speculation why don't ee give out a statement informing customers of what is truly the case on this shambles of a launch. As things stand they are showing no respect for customers by keeping them in the dark. Just extending delivery dates without explanation is not good enough there must be many many customers who feel let down over this debacle and I for one am feeling angry and let down at how we have handled this.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

This whole experience has been really disappointing. This same thing happened when I got an Iphone 7 and I ended up being delayed by 6-7 weeks. When I called up in October I explained how my upgrade date was delayed due to their delays and on good merit they made it possible for me to upgrade and pre-order the Pixel 3 XL on the 10th October. I was excited and looking forward to getting my phone yesterday...until I discovered on SOCIAL MEDIA that there was a delay because I never received a confirmation email or any text updates

To find out what's going on I have to live chat or call 150 which is ridiculous. Its also annoying that other retailers are fine yet we are affected. After speaking to customer services this morning I discovered that they are now telling customers it could take up to 28 days to receive the phone and that they get deliveries every day for the Pixel but its a case of first come, first serve by pre-orders...which is fair. I can only hope that by early next week or the 8th latest I receive my phone otherwise I'm expecting EE to cancel my order and contract because I can't stay with a company that can't even let customers know in advance. Its just common courtesy!

Whats also annoying for customers is that when we ask questions on twitter or in here we keep getting the same automated answers. Honestly, I appreciate the staff must be stressed but just be honest and say you don't know. 

by CJLewis87 Contributor
Contributor

It really is very poor. There is just no excuse for not letting people know sooner than the night before launch that the handset is delayed. Completely renders pre-odering a device useless as I've aluded to before. The bottom line is, I walked into my local three store yesterday and they had stock (admittedly only in black) but the all you can eat texts minutes and data for £48pm with £99 upfront sweetened that for me .EE are simply going to lose customers to their competitors . Utter shambles

by JorjLim Contributor
Contributor

@CJLewis87 wrote:

It really is very poor. There is just no excuse for not letting people know sooner than the night before launch that the handset is delayed. Completely renders pre-odering a device useless as I've aluded to before. The bottom line is, I walked into my local three store yesterday and they had stock (admittedly only in black) but the all you can eat texts minutes and data for £48pm with £99 upfront sweetened that for me .EE are simply going to lose customers to their competitors . Utter shambles

£48?! Hmm....

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@JorjLim wrote:

@CJLewis87 wrote:

£48?! Hmm....

That is correct and the XL 64gb is £54 a month

by woozor1 Investigator
Investigator

any updates on this?  When are these going into EE stores whats going on EE?????

Did anyone recieved theres today?

by Warren17c Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just tried a "live chat" but apparently the people on the end of the chat are not "trained" to deal with delivery questions or leaving we questions.

If it wasn't for the "perks at work" deal I get with EE I would be leaving right now.

This is a shambles, especially now I read some operators offering Google home mini with a pixel 3 or Google home hub with pixel 3 XL

(https://www.vodafone.co.uk/brands/google/pixel-3-xl/#Clearly_White/64)

EE... Sort this out.

by
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon all, 

We received fewer handsets from the manufacturer than we expected for launch.

We are fulfilling pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and hope to have the handset for you soon so you can experience it on the UK's biggest and fastest network. 

Katie Smiley Happy

by Xander89
Explorer

I appear to be one of the 'lucky' ones, as following the delay Thursday I got the email this morning to say one of the small number of handsets you mention should have arrived today however I am having issues with DPD delivery.

Checking the delivery tracking only now shows me this;

03 Nov 2018 11:20DPD CustomerReturn to consignor has been requested
03 Nov 2018 11:18SouthallYour parcel was refused
03 Nov 2018 09:03SouthallYour parcel will be with you today

I have been home all morning waiting for the phone to arrive after receving the email to say it would be delivered today but it never arrived and no one has contacted me, rung or hit the door bell.

I contacted DPD to see it was refused and is marked to be sent back to EE. I have called their customer service only to be told by them that I must speak to EE to arrange it to be redelivered however EE keep saying that its DPD that must delivery it and no one at EE will speak to me about delivery. So I am being given the run around by both companies.

I already wasted a day off work on Thursday waiting for it beause of the poor communication from EE on the issue of delays with zero email updates and now I have wasted my saturday because their chosen delivery service apparently cant delivery items correctly.

Can anyone at least tell me correctly who I need to talk to about having the phone correctly delivered. The address is correct and I have been home. Not attempts to deliver it have been made.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Xander89

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

When you have the chance if you can please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie Smiley Happy

by woozor1 Investigator
Investigator

So when are these in the stores then?

by Hip_Hop_Rob Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Excellent news Katie_B so when Leanne_T your colleague states on the 1st November (launch day of the Pixel) in this same thread-

"Our retail store also has a delivery delay due to the manufacturer",

which was mirrored  exactly by what I was informed by EE's retention team that no stores on Launch day,  received any handsets doesn't relate to  your comment above:-

"We received fewer handsets from the manufacturer than we expected for launch on launch day too"  which suggests they were misleading us as you know differently?  Your statement seems to imply that your stores received handsets even though no one received a pixel handset by courier or store on Launch Day?

Me thinks that someone is not qualifying what they are representing as fact when the opposite appears to be the case.

Can you confirm as fact that any ee customer was able to take receipt of a pixel handset on Launch day or correct your statement that "we received fewer handset" which appears  incorrect and in conflict with your colleague comments above.

Thank you ever so Katie_B for clarifying this without delay.  The Community appreciates clarity especially on the pixel handsets that appear most elusive...

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Are EE requesting a specific firmware on the phone, which is thus causing delays? Or is it because the devices sold by EE are network locked while from other operators they are supplied unlocked? 

by Hip_Hop_Rob Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Neither it would seem other than they are the only carrier with supply issues....

by JorjLim Contributor
Contributor

@mirdragon wrote:

Are EE requesting a specific firmware on the phone, which is thus causing delays? Or is it because the devices sold by EE are network locked while from other operators they are supplied unlocked? 

So from what I understand from Google's perspective. Google lock the phone when the SIM is inserted based on the carrier. So I don't think this is the case. I could be wrong.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en-GB

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@JorjLim wrote:

@mirdragon wrote:

So from what I understand from Google's perspective. Google lock the phone when the SIM is inserted based on the carrier. So I don't think this is the case. I could be wrong.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en-GB

My Pixel XL from EE was locked to EE and had to get it unlocked when I terminated the contract - Google send a code to the phone to unlock it for any network. But I just can't understand why EE lock them, when the likes of Three and O2 do not lock the devices.

On another note, there definitely some kind of screw-up with ordering as I ordered mine from Google direct and my delivery has been constantly pushed back for the XL 64GB Black and now stated to be 15-16th November at the earliest, yet if you go to their website the same device is now available for dispatch if you place a new order.

So I am hoping that my order is dispatched shortly otherwise like many others not going to be very happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.